BIGFOOT Ultra Light Reels For Day Spinning!

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
The 500 & 1K Ultra-Light/Light From Bigfoot Outdoor and Sporting Goods!
(Mistake in the line diameters! When i say millimeters, like .002mm, it's really .002in. Sorry!)

Before i fell ill over a month ago I had almost finished this project on using my newly acquired ultra-light spinning reels in a manner never used before here in Hawaii. I was targeting Big Eyed Scad (known locally as Akule) in the daytime by waiting for the winds to help my non-weighted rigs reach the school from shore.

Most local angler use a weighted rig but i know the lead weight scares the fish during the day. So i used long Okuma spinning rods with ultra-light Bigfoot reels to get my non-weighted lures far offshore by utilizing wind direction & extremely thin braided line instead of the traditional "transparent" monofilament line with/or without fluorocarbon leaders & the use of a lead weight.

And it worked! I was able to fill a bag in under an hour. But my activities started to attract unwanted attention by the regulars. Everyone knew who i was but wanted to know why my rigs differed greatly from theirs & was still catching. I knew several of them so i gave my fish to them & said give some away if you like. Of all my UL reels i really liked the Bigfoots. And the big secret was using the Spiderwire Ultracast 4lb braid. The stats? Spool held 164yd & had a max breaking point of 14lb?! Insane! Line diameter was the thinnest as well at 0.002in.

Basically i used wind direction & waited for an above windy day. This replaced my need for a weight assisted delivery system. Sensitive fish will see a lead weight so not having one on is a big advantage. Plus 4lb braid is much more invisible in the water than 4lb mono. Much smaller diameter and when the line spins it doesn't reflect/refract light like mono/fluoro does. Those "flashes" will also scare the fish. And i'm using customized lures that i'll reveal at a latter date.

Attachments

• Cover-Bigfoot-Verified.png
    Cover-Bigfoot-Verified.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 6