Bourne anglers -runnymede

crazy_crab

Reaction score
help needed, a brand new angling club, location is Runnymede, surrey

Dear Fellow anglers, this is a call of help, next week, is the week that "BOURNE ANGLERS", IS UP AND RUNNING, I have booked a place at this fair "http://www.blackcherryfair.com/", to get people to sign up, but we need people to help out, around 10 to 20 volunteers for the day, around 5hrs, I have a Lv2 fishing instructor turning up, these volunteers will have to set up a small stand, of a chosen fishing discipline, ie, pike fishing, show of kit, explain what it does this for around 15mines per party, someone else does floote fishing, someone else does ladgering, someone does carp fishing, some one does knot tying, baits, fly fishing, so on and so on,

Now, thats get down to the legal side of it, I have spoken to Angling Trust and the people who do Hillinden, little Britten lakes, Lyin, all you have to do is join Bourne Angers for the day, it will not cost you any thing, I have sorted that out, you then set you camp up and await a family to turn up, with a paper from me saying that they have sign in, you then sign this paper, no paper, no demonstration, you have to very nicely inform them that they have to come to the main Bourne Anglers stand and sign in, you will not be doing any 1 to 1, leave that to the Lv2 and Lv1 fishing instructors, the parents or guardians have to be there as well, if the parents/guardians leave, they have to take the children with them,

around 15,000 families will be there, so there will lots of kids wonting to try out fishing, so it will be a busy day,

if any one has any question just ring me 07411374542

Keith

Windy

Reaction score
This may well be a very well intentioned and intended venture but frankly your post is unintelligible. Big fan of anything that will promote angling, especially in this neck of the woods, not trying to knock your efforts.

Perhaps a little help from a colleague better able to post an explanation of just what this is all about might help ?

crazy_crab

Reaction score
This may well be a very well intentioned and intended venture but frankly your post is unintelligible. Big fan of anything that will promote angling, especially in this neck of the woods, not trying to knock your efforts.

Perhaps a little help from a colleague better able to post an explanation of just what this is all about might help ?

many thanks for your help

edrandall

Reaction score
Well I could understand it OK and Keith did give his phone number.
I have done my secretarial bit perhaps this will help, the event is tomorrow though so if you can help please get in touch with Keith ASAP.

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BourneAnglers

Dear Fellow anglers, this is a call for help!

Next week is the week that "BOURNE ANGLERS" is up and running.
We have booked a place at the Black Cherry fair in Chertsey to sign up new members, but we need people to help out.
We have a Level 2 fishing instructor turning up to teach families fishing.
We need around 10 to 20 volunteers for the day, around 5hrs of your time.
The volunteers will have to set up a small stand of a chosen fishing discipline, eg, pike fishing, float fishing, ledgering, show off some kit, explain what it does. This will be for around 15 minutes per party. One person may do float fishing, someone else ledgering, someone does carp fishing, someone explain knot tying, baits, fly fishing, so on and so on,

Now, the legal side of it, I have spoken to Angling Trust and the people who do Hillingdon (Little Britain lakes), all I need you to do is join "Bourne Anglers" for the day (it will not cost you any thing) and everything will be covered by our insurance. You then set up and await a family to turn up, they will have a ticket to say that they have signed in, you then sign this paper, sorted. If they don't have a ticket, no demonstration, you have to very nicely inform them that they have to come to the main Bourne Anglers stand and sign in. You will not be doing any one-to-one, leave that to the qualified fishing instructors. The parents or guardians have to be there as well, if the parents/guardians leave, they have to take the children with them.

Around 15,000 families will be at the fair, so there will lots of kids wanting to try out fishing, it should be a busy but rewarding day.

If you have any questions just ring Keith 07411 374 542