Bream Ground bait

N

Neil Wayte

Thanks Malcolm I'll keep my eyes open for used or second hand groundbait.I guess they are getting rid of their stock that is coming towards the end of it's shelf life.

N

Neil Wayte

Your right Graham about there being something magical about bream fishing.I think it's the unhurriedness of it all as opposed to the explosiveness of carp fishing.
The bites are much slower and just sitting there hopefully watching the fish come towards you just makes it all the more enjoyable.

M

Malcolm Bason

Neil - As the name suggests, "Used Tackle" do sell used tackle - but they also sell bankrupt stock. There are no sell by labels of the packets, so you are probably right in that are approaching their sell-by dates. However, they have done me ok. I targetted large shoals of Bream last year at Duston Ressy in Northampton with some success using just the methods I outlined above, and using "Used Tackles" ?1 a bag groundbait as a base mix!

Its good stuff - but if you want to spend ?3.50 to ?4.50 for the same stuff? Thats up to you mate!

In my opinion - for what its worth - 'big-name' baits etc are just that 'names' - ok - some are made to tried and trusted remedies, and thus can be relied upon - but we are talking groundbait + attractors!!!

N

Neil Wayte

Not suggesting the gears no good Malcolm thats just my warpped sense of hummour.Nothing wrong with being thrifty makes good sense.
I've not really thought of using a commercial type prepacked groundbait mainly because of the quantity I want to use and therefor the cost involved.
On Kings mead I would be looking at using 10 kilo to start with and then maybe the same second night if I'd had action on the first night..

M

Malcolm Bason

Bet it ain't as warped as mine??? LOL Sorry - can't help then mate, I didn't realise you would be using QUITE that much! I think I still have much to learn????? Cheers!

N

Neil Wayte

Kingsmead has a big head of Bream up to 13lb or so and the shoals contain alot of double figure fish.Plus there are alot of nuisance fish(carp) to over thirty pounds so they can make a hole in a bed of ground bait.I'm not sure that by putting alot of feed down first day is the right way but untill I learn abit more about the lake I feel comfortable starting this way.

B

Birds Nest

Big Bream in Duston Resy ?? Great news. I'll be on there in the summer..

S

M

Malcolm Bason

Hi Birds Nest - yes there are big shoals of bream at Duston Ressy, can be difficult to locate, but generally speaking - fishiing into the wind there can get the desired result!

B

Birds Nest

Thats good. I thought it was just carp in there, so had left it alone...