Cadence CP 200 whip. Anyone own one? Comments please

Dajo

Reaction score
Hello

This seems a good piece of kit inasmuch that I've got into a bit of whip fishing ( along with the pole, that's the only fishing I do now)

I fancy trying some river fishing for roach , my oldish whip is only 6 metres, so the Cadence seems a good bet.

Anyone bought one and got info re this whip, and any idea of lead times etc. Thanks

rob48

Reaction score
Hi, I've got the 9m model and will be acquiring the 6m one shortly.
With the top 5 being telescopic it's the best purpose designed tele/TA river fishing whip I've ever used.
I bought a spare top 5 when I got mine a couple of years ago which obviously gives you a bit more flexibility.
It's also good for using on a deep gravel pit that I fish as well.

rob48

Reaction score
I paid about £350 for the 9m whip and a spare telescopic Top 5, that was getting on for two years ago though. I've no idea how much the Daiwa or Drennan cost.
The 6m model has the more usual tele Top 3 and the 6m section fits the 7.5m piece off the 9m, so they are partly interchangeble. They're currently throwing in a spare tele Top 3 FOC for a total price of £160, so I'll be having one of those next week.
There's also a discounted deal for anyone that wants to buy both the 6m and 9m together.

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
The 8 metre Drennan with a spare kit is around £300 I think and the Daiwa with a spare kit around £200.
The Daiwa has a wider butt section than the Drennan Acolyte.
I think both are Tele top 3 and not a top 5 .
Not sure on the tele 5 set up.

rob48

Reaction score
It's the tele Top 5 that gives the 9m such a good action for long-lining on the river IMO. All the others I've seen have been tele Top 3 only.

Dajo

Reaction score
I have now ordered and received the Cadence package and it was delivered exactly when they said, and it came extremely well protected.
Excellent service

Dajo

Reaction score
Really looking forward to using in a river. So far, on the pond, it has handled beautifully. Really pleased with it. Lovely piece of kit.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I must admit I was quite tempted to order one of these whips after watching the accompanying video on the cadence website where an angler is using one. I was pleased to see this whip comes with a flick tip, as elasticated top kits on whips don’t cut it with me or indeed in the opinion of the angler who was demonstrating it.

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I think cadence are at the Big One Tackle show that is coming up soon.
It may be worth a visit to check them out there , plus you get to see what some other manufactures have on offer.

Dajo

Reaction score
I must admit I was quite tempted to order one of these whips after watching the accompanying video on the cadence website where an angler is using one. I was pleased to see this whip comes with a flick tip, as elasticated top kits on whips don’t cut it with me or indeed in the opinion of the angler who was demonstrating it.

Yes, we'll have elasticated the spare top, it seems quite able to use a moderate /weak elastic. Obviously not to be used where carp are etc, but it handles so well, that it will be fine where there might be a tench or chub etc.
I've had big bream 5-6lb on the flick tip.Very pleased with it