CARP ANGLER TRAGEDY

B

Brian Lewis

This is the first opportunity I've had in the last three days to access the website and I hope it's not too late to post my personal message of condolence.

My heart goes out to Richard, Diane and Michael, and all of James' close family. To suffer such a loss must be so devastating - it breaks my heart even trying to imagine how they must feel at this time.

God bless, James. Rest in peace and in the knowledge that your approach to angling and your deep appreciation of your surroundings will have filled you with so much pleasure during your all too short life.

Brian

C

Carp Angler

I've kept away from this thread as I'm pretty useless when it comes to empathy, but the words expressed have touched me.

The words from me that follow are totally inadequate in the situation, but it's all I have and I apologise.

It's every parents nightmare to have their loved ones ripped away from them when so young and I can only imagine the pain and grief that these poor people are going through.

James left us whilst doing what he loved and that smile will last forever.
In some small way, we will pay tribute to him at our charity bash.

G

Gary Knowles

An almost unbelievably touching story, and the tributes and kind sentiments just continue to roll in. Sad events like this put everything into perspective and make us all realise just how valuable and sometimes short, life can be.

Well done Stuart for taking the incredibly brave step of contacting James's parents on behalf of true anglers everywhere and I will be exremely proud to be taking part in the first of James's memorial fish-in.

Thoughts, of course are with his parents during this difficult time.

T

Trevor Manning

I can add nothing to this forums feelings , except my own personal condolences to the family and friends.
So sad.
Trevor

D

Dave Webster

At sad times like this it is great to see all anglers coming together, offering their support.
May I add my condolances and heartfelt sympathies.

Dave

S

Steve Wallwork

This is the first time that I've ever put something on the forum and I wish it was in a more happier cicumstances.
Thank You Stuart for your well chosen words, they portray everybody's feelings and hopefully give James' family strength in facing such a tragedy.
I feel confident that your proposals for a charity contest will be a huge success and that from the sad loss of James many will benefit via your chosen charity.

Thought"Why do all the good guys go first"

B

Bob Watson

Everything's been said that can be said, I'd just like to offer my own condolences to James' parents, family and friends at this sad time.
All the forum regulars should be proud of themselves, especially Stuart for having courage in his actions and all involved in the charity event. The response here has moved me in the extreme.
Well done Stuart and once again, Deepest sympathies to all close to James.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Dear Stuart and everyone at Fishingmagic,

We just had to write again to express our thanks to everybody who has sent messages to the forum about James, you'll never know how much of a boost you've been to us. You can never protect loved ones from every risk, not without making them completely miserable and not for one moment do we regret encouraging J. to do the things he loved. The funeral service took place yesterday, the crematorium was packed with standing room only,quite a shock -- we didn't realise he'd touched so many lives! There was a lovely quote " it is not the length of life that is important, but the quality of life they have lived and it's significance lies in the experiences and satisfactions achieved, and their influence on others around them in that short life span, it's permanance lies in the memories of acquaintances and any influence left behind serves as a personal tribute. " How very true! The service was lovely with stories of James, some songs and poems and was just as we wanted with positive sentiments and lots of hope.

We are coping well so far, which I'm sure is due to all the support from so many quarters. J's presence is still very strong, especially at the lake (though he wasn't there the other day when it was raining and blowing a gale -- 2 conditions which riled him immensly!) We visit most days and are still baiting up with the "chops" he was experimenting with.

Good luck to you all on your angling quests this weekend, and the next 25lb'er out is James's! We're looking forward to hearing about the event in June. Once again, many, many thanks to you all
The Farrow Family.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Di and Richard, so glad to hear that that all went well, we really are all routing for you. I’ve had so many calls from the Guys and Gals at Fishing Magic expressing their overwhelming support for the event to be attributed to James. I’ve spoken to my guys here at work and it looks like we’ve sorted out a small film crew to diarise the event on video so you’ll be able to put our names to our ugly mugs! As you may have read this is the first bash in which we hope to raise a lump sum for a worthy cause, and hopefully this will keep growing in venue and contenders each year.

After the event, I’ll make arrangements for me and Cakey (the other organiser) to pop up and see you and stuff a load of ugly photos etc in your hands. Thanks for taking the time in writing to us at Fishing Magic and we look forward to doing you and your family proud on the 12th June.

One more thing…..Richard, next year we will all be honoured for you to take part in the event, even if I’ve got to train you up myself. (which of course will narrow your chances of winning!!!)

Kindest Regards and Respect
Stuart and All at Fishing Magic