Carr Side (Ince Blundell)

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
Hi Kev,

Unfortunately I wasn't even aware there was a lake there however, if it's been hit like the others there no doubt it isn't fishing very well at the moment. Depending on where you live and how easy it is for you to travel here's a few suggestions for you

Rosemary Wood Fisheries http://www.rosemarywood.co.uk/

Mescar lake (lydiate, not far off Southport road)

lathom fisheries and platts lane both in burscough

There's a lake at hurlston hall, not sure if it's open at present though.

Charity farm http://www.charityfarm.co.uk/fishingponds.htm

Heskin Old Hall farm http://www.heskinoldhallfarm.co.uk/fishing/ponds.htm

Wrightington fisheries bout 5 mins from J27 on the m6

Orcheton about 10/15 mins from J27 M6

Fir tree fishery, less than 5 mins again J27 M6, this apparently holds sturgeon

I also think there are a couple of lakes behind the pub on the formby bypass, if you come out of carr side and head towards formby, follow the road to the traffic lights and turn right, there's a pub on the right and one on the left, the fishery is near the pub on the left, not sure what it's called though. Hope some of this is of help to you

John Heelis

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>kev linsner 2 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>its the one at the back in the grounds of the home. the way i got to it was when you go through the big gate and you would normaly go right or left well don,t go straight across to the woods and its their its massive bigger than the big lake on the right. its suppose to have very big carp and tench in it i heard that the police hav the fishing wrights how would i find out.</blockquote>

I've heard the same about that lake and the police. I think that I heard that it was used when they (plod/rozzzers/filth) have matches on.

I've only just caught up on this thread, and it's one of my nearest venues (i'm in netherton) I went now there last year and got battered by perch and roach whilst the carp were rolling over the other side, on the pond to the right as you go in.

It's a shame if it has gone downhill since, it's a nice quiet place to fish.

p.s.

I can usually found on the leeds/liverpool near the racecourse.

quick edit

I was talking to a copper the other day who mentioned about Ince and said come on down, would that be a sort of invitation to fish their lake?

(assuming that the "hidden" lake is an old bill one)

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
John, I would strongly advise you don't bother fishing carr side at the moment people i've spoken to there have said it's dead and on the last bank hols there were about 2 people there and it was good weather! It used to be a great water and I couldn't fail to catch some tench each visit but it's been bombarded by cormorants and poachers and as a result is as about as worthwhile as fishing in a puddle.

As for Rozzers lake, likely he invited you down to fish "their" lake so he could nick you /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

kev linsner 2

Reaction score
i spoke to a guy when i was fishin sefton farm aboat the lake at the back he said it was run by the police and i would never get a chance to fish it. he also said that ince had new owners and that they had dug the ring maiden out to 7ft deep. macca+john have you fished sefton farm. its very good had a nice day their on wednesday. loads of tench+big orfe+few chub. my mate had 9 carp smallest aboat 5lb to 12lb brillant day. fished all them fisheries you mentioned i used to always fish blue stoneor we called it jennys yard by heskin hall.

kev linsner 2

Reaction score
is someone havin a joke. i,ve just read that herlston hall is up for sale for 4.5 mil. when you can buy wyer side for 1.8 mil

John Heelis

Reaction score
think i might give ince a miss then...........but?

oh

won't go to the "hidden" lake buti'm afully paid up Fm member (and I would pay a quid if we had to)and a holder of a liecense and I don't mind paying for a day ticket. so i may pay a visit during the summer.

Kev ....never fished sefton farm, the chance of some good tench interests me. maybe!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
The main fisheries I go to are

Hurlston Hall
Cheshire Fisheries
Latham fisheries
Drayton
Beacon View
Mescar
Brookside
Heskin Hall
Orcheston
High Heys farm

I used to fish Ince years ago and although its got some nice fish in its nearly impossible to catch them due to the smaller fish in it, where you you go
I have fished the majority of these .my take on them is High Heys good fishing on the day but wrap up well if breezy.
Orcheston ,same as High Heys.
Cheshire Fisheries was brilliant in its day especially pool 3, Sadly the place has now closed down.
Brookside is now a work in progress with the new owner, good fishing.
Beacon View, lots of bait bans that are not enforced by the owner, pegs could do with repair, good fishing on the day.
Latham Fishery, never again.
Heskin Hall, decent place good fishing.
If I am in that area I prefer Fir Tree Fishery, Wrightington and the Cunneries for the fishing ,not the surroundings.
There is another around there called German Lane ,decent fishing, dodgy pegs.
By Drayton I assume you mean the res similar to Clattercote and Boddington ?

Again I have just noticed this was an old post,and the member I replied to no longer posts, but you get the gist on the fisheries involved

Last edited: