Charity Angling Auction - Starts Saturday 15th Feb 2014

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
A few may know of Baz Fisher and his very emotional journey over the last several years.

His girlfriend and her young daughter were tragically killed in a traffic accident. Baz, also a passenger in the car, was critically injured, left in a coma, and suffered, amongst other things, brain injuries.

Several years have now passed, Baz has recently married and he and his wife are expecting their first baby. They think the time is now right to do something to celebrate the all too short lives of Jodie and Ella and have started a Charity Auction.

The chosen charity to benefit is The Make a Wish Foundation:

http://www.make-a-wish.org.uk/fundraising/donate/?gclid=CKqL4Nf3zLwCFdShtAodHi4Acg

The angling community have responded beyond all expectation and generously offered over 100 Lots, and still counting. The event was featured in this week's Anglers Mail.

The auction has somewhat outgrown it's Facebook beginnings and a specific site has been created at:

http://www.32auctions.com/jodiandella

The auction starts at 7am Saturday 15th February 2014 and ends midnight 30th March 2014.

Anyone can view 95 of those lots via the above link but if you want to bid for any of them, you will need to register on the site (very simple and easy).

There are some stunning lots on that list:
  • 41 Days Out
  • 28 Items of Tackle
  • 12 Books
  • 11 Miscellaneous
  • 3 Bait

Thanks for your time.

---------- Post added at 01:22 ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 ----------

This is just one example of the "days out" on offer:

32auctions — 3 Days/2 Nights for 2 on a Syndicated Stretch of the Lower R. Severn

Probably one of the *star* ones on offer but there are plenty of other less "costly" guided trips available including the "mysterious":

32auctions — A Day Out with The Port & Stilton Club

:eek:mg:

Judas Priest

Reaction score
What a stunning array of auction lots well done to Baz Fisher and friends for pulling this together for such a worthwhile cause.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Thanks "Judas", the angling world has come up trumps on this one.

£2,300 has been pledged within the first three hours of opening!

:)

Judas Priest

Reaction score
No probs Neil as something like this needs publicising as much and as to as many as possible.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Three days in and the auction has realised pledges in excess of £6,000.

97 lots are on offer via the auction site and all but one have current bids! We are pretty much on the limit for the number of Lots on that site so, as more lots have been donated, with indications of a few more as well, some lots will be auctioned via the Facebook Page.

A huge vote of thanks to donors and bidders for such a generous response.

32auctions — The Jodi & Ella Memorial Auction

https://www.facebook.com/groups/565279730234196/

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Fantastic. Had a few bids including one with some bloke on Throop.

Before you could say Boo it had been bid up a lot more.;):D

Last edited:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
But we've fished together down there before Graham, and you still bid!? :)

Many thanks anyway and I'm somewhat stunned that the leading bid for "me" is well into 3 figures now :eek:mg:

Overall the auction is provoking a lot of interest and there are still some stunning lots to be added.

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more about the Lots Neil most are one off opportunities ideal for both those learning and those of a more experienced nature.

I would have bid for the day with you but now I know Graham's already been there I ain't having seconds :)

jerry gleeson1

Reaction score
Its really good to see the angling community come together for Baz, he's a cracking lad.

Jez

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Judas

Well you remember that Xmas party on the Severn, and the rather glamorous barmaid..................;):D

If you do bid, tell him you want his swim, nearer the bridge!:D:D:eek:

Last edited:

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Graham
Ahhh the Xmas parties. The only bits I remember involved good old Carl year after year :)
In fact most of the get togethers involved Carl as the stand out act. Good times mate good times.

Really pleased for Baz and the others that this has captured the spirit of the brotherhood of what fishing should be about.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Hello Peter.

Well, ordinarily there is a fair bit, but there are ways and means of getting it done! I'll act as Sherpa if required!

The School Bridge is a good place to start. With just the access road from the car to the bridge itself to saunter down. There are some of my favourite swims just up and down from School Bridge, both banks, and even more within a couple of hundred yards.

throopbridge.jpg

Going in at Throop Mill could also be a good bet.

throop.jpg

Last edited:

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Peter most of Throop is flat field walking and quite an easy amble especially as Neil says from the school area. I have certain health problems that don't allow me to cavort around fisheries like I used to yet I find Throop pretty easy as long as I take my time.

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Last week to go everyone, some absolutely stunning one off lots up for grabs..

Last edited: