Chavs vs Aces Annual Match

Aces Vs Chavs Match at Gold Valley or Elsewhere?

• Gold Valley

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Elsewhere

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cakey

Reaction score
so on fish o'mania the half hour weigh ins for the barbel or the TV ??

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

sorry Im only asking as I dont like keepnets but would be happy at half hour weigh ins

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
Graham,

I simply stated a preference not to fish a stillwater venue that has been stocked with river fish, that's all.

The barbel that have been stocked into these still waters have NEVER seen a river in their lives --So how can they be river fish???

They probably wouldn't survive in a river ......

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
so on fish o'mania the half hour weigh ins for the barbel or the TV ??

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

sorry Im only asking as I dont like keepnets but would be happy at half hour weigh ins

Cakey, you could have the scales set up behind you and weigh every fish individually if you are that against keepnets, do you mean for all fish including small roach and perch or just the carp? Bit of a pain weighing small fish individually don't you think?

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
How about Maver Larford?

I've no particular preference for going there but it's another decent fishery in a slightly different geographic area to add to the poll.

Just out of interest, is there a reason why all the FM matches are held on commercials and none on rivers?

Just wondering.

slime monster

Reaction score
RE keepnets an easy way around not keeping Carp in nets is to award a set weight for every Carp caught ,in some matches I fished it was a kilo .
Half hour weigh ins are ok for the angler fishing at range but margin swims would suffer and It would do my head in especially if bream were the target.

S

Scott Whatmore

I'm all for the midlands. The whole idea of this is to get as many of us together as possible and have fun catching fish. A midlands venue would make it easier for more to attend.

If we are to change venue, I vote for woodlands view.

Specihunter

Reaction score
I can think of a few venues around here that will hire out lakes for the day
1 nellbridge aynho
2 oakfield nr aylesbury
3 panishill nr bicester
4 rolfs lake and milton pools nr wheatley
then there is the thames around oxford.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
(Borrowing someones connection to post this - I'm amazed they have the internet on this island!)

The Chavs/Aces format works well (silvers & carp) and GV fits that. However, the attendance has slowly reduced on each of the three events so I reckon a more central venue should hopefully bring a better turn out.

Happy to go with the majority and reckon Graham's idea of a poll is a good one. Once decided, I'll happily organise and set it up.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Regarding Woodlands View the rules are longer than your arm and if you break any one of them you are immediately kicked off, no excuses.

Only 10 (TEN) tins of sweetcorn allowed per angler per match which is a bit of a drawback don't you think :eek:

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
What about 10 x 6lb tins?

whole-kernel-sweet-corn-10-can.jpg

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I have made a couple of phone calls and both Woodlands View and Larford have Saturdays available in October (does it have to be October, why not September?) breakfasts on site and maybe snacks after for the presentation.

Stu would know lots of suitable lakes in the Leicester area for holding a match I'm sure he would offer some worthwhile suggestions.

I still think Gold Valley is ideal though it does favour those that live in the South East, its one thing organising a match, thats the easy bit, its the food and drinks afterwards thats the problem.

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Regarding Woodlands View the rules are longer than your arm and if you break any one of them you are immediately kicked off, no excuses.

Only 10 (TEN) tins of sweetcorn allowed per angler per match which is a bit of a drawback don't you think :eek:

Myself and Mark Wintle fished there in 2007 and the reality, then at least, was much different than the rules suggest. It was a pleasant place to fish (for a commercial) and the waters give everyone a fair chance no matter what peg they draw.

S

Scott Whatmore

lets face it Gold Valley don't have a rule book do they LOL.

Does it matter that there are rules? Not really as long as you don't break them!

This seems like a good, even fishery where everyone should catch and everything from the pre match breakfast to the after match meal and micky take can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.