Clattercote Reservoir.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Some years ago we held a few FM Fish-Ins there.

Decent venue (when full) with a good pub' not too far away (in Cropredy) that did us a great breakfasts . . . . .

Just don't fish close by the boards as far too many fish are lost or injured that way . . . .

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Yes Peter, like the time years ago when I was sat next to Claudia and you were on the next peg, you caught a carp and it went under Claudia’s platform lol...

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Peter, like the time years ago when I was sat next to Claudia and you were on the next peg, you caught a carp and it went under Claudia’s platform lol...

Indeed, at the time I was using a 13' tommy Pickering spliced tip rod and 3lb B/S line ad 2lb B/C hook length for roach when that carp took the bait.

If memory serves me correctly it went 9lbs 10oz on the scales . . . Neil Maidment was on the adjacent peg too . . .

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I think Neil went on to win the match that day with roach taken on short pole followed by some carp in the last hour. I came third with a net of skimmers taken on groundbait feeder and maggot, 13lb odd...
37B7ED73-74BD-45FC-96A5-BA0BE5A0D389.jpeg

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Clattercote is a decent venue but I always thought it would have been better to only fish every other peg as they are quite close together.

Also, it was better to draw a high number peg as otherwise every angler would be clodhopping past your peg putting the fish down for an hour or so . . . . .

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Last time I fished there was with local angler and ex fm member “chefster ” . He took the place apart on the bagging waggler. Nice bloke.
He still fishes it, we are supposed to be going when the lockdown and weather sorted .He fishes a lot of matches on Tunnel Barn Farm, nearly always picking a brown envelope up.
Like you said, Gazza is a nice bloke.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
The bailiff at Clattercote makes pellet wagglers and bagging wagglers, and sells them, I have seen some they are good.
At one time I was reckoned they could tell what make of pole shattered when a carp made a run for it by the sound the section made when it went bang.

Steve King

Reaction score
The first time I fished Clattercote I had a 20lb carp. I really had to be rough with it because it went under the boards beneath my feet!

I remember having some fine tench there in an FM match.