Consistent rig lengths & mechanics

FishyAndy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I struggle to keep my rig lengths consistent and to understand the mechanics of rigs, how they work, situations to use them etc.

I tend to use basic hair rig with a running lead setup all the time as I don't have confidence, or the knowledge in other more complex presentations.

Is there a resource I can dip into for this kind of information?

Last edited:

@Clive

Reaction score
It would help if you were to describe the venues, species targetted, rods and line and baits used because all those are relevant to the choice of rig.

Keith M

Reaction score
Andy, do you mean Carping rigs that you might use when your sat behind bite alarms waiting for much bigger Carp? or for the slightly smaller but more prolific Carp at a commercial type fishery using the one rod?

There are differences in the approach and methods; maybe that is what Clive meant?

Keith

Last edited:

@Clive

Reaction score
Carp perhaps Clive, on the carp thread, or I'd like to hope so...😁
You cannot take anything for granted Alan. It was the running line bit. We all know that 'real' carp anglers only use bolt rigs and chod rigs. 😉

As Keith says; there are commercials filled with F1s and small to mid sized carp then take into account river fishing for large wild fish and every thing in between.