Daiwa v Shimano

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I think that's the very review I read. Very odd....I've not had this issue with my Regals yet to all intent its an identical bail arm arrangement and a very similar reel. I'm still not entirely convinced...the "throw" on the handle is noticeably bigger than the Regal and it feels a bit strange to me. In every other respect though it seems a belter....and I am a Daiwa fan as you well know.

Think I'll have another closer look before I dive in.....maybe my local shop still has a lonely Regal z that needs a good home.

I can't be doing with superglueing joints. If I do get one and it does this it will be going back double quick. I expect better than that for 75 sovs.

B

binka

the "throw" on the handle is noticeably bigger than the Regal and it feels a bit strange to me.

I initially thought exactly the same Skip.

I think it's a bit of a horse for a course and where extra cranking power is needed for the likes of carp, barbel and bigger pike that extra throw really does help imo.

Edited to add: I did go to the Emcasts from a pair of Fox, the latter of which would have made a bucket with string wrapped around it feel like an improvement.

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Ah....not just me then. To be fair I dug out my old Epix Pros ( which the Regals replaced) and they have a bigger throw too and I loved them in their day. Maybe its the Regals throw that's smaller because of the folding handle ?

Tart ? Moi ?

Fox Shmox....a distinct look and feel of the Browning about those particular pups. Barge and pole are two words that spring to mind!

Last edited: