elderly anglers

riverman

Reaction score
was at murphys fishery at thorganby nr (snake lake) yesterday.there was only 1 other angler there who was getting his gear out of his car when i pulled into the car park.he introduced himself as Don and told me and my mate pete he was 87 years old.we had a right old chat about the snake lake and the other lake at murphys (house lake).the fella was an absolute gent and told us which pegs had hidden weed etc.i offered to carry his gear to his peg but he said he had his wheels(like a golfer uses).around midday i went to stretch my legs and went to see how he was getting on.he'd caught 7 carp on sonubaits 6mm soft pellets on the pole.put my roach haul to shame :rolleyes: .i always enjoy chatting to elderly anglers and this fella was a barrel of knowledge and before we left i put him onto some fisheries he hadnt visited surprisingly and he put me onto a few,;)

Daveymac

Reaction score
One things certain when you get in your 70s then you have definitely got less birthdays coming than you have had

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
My wife has instructions for after my death. Carboard box for a day (just in case I should wake up!) then cremated. Ashes disposed of down at the Larnagol landing stage or slipway.

If she feels kind to the fishes she can mix some groundbait with my ashes, the fish are used to that there.

My first wife 👺 "buried me alive" for 25 years, so not much fear of the real deal now!😇

GT56

Reaction score
I'm twenty years behind Don, who sounds an absolute top bloke and angler to me.
Just the thought of fishing another twenty years has me rethinking my decision to never purchase any more serious items of tackle again. What a dilemma and a thoroughly great way to start the day.

Surprisingly no mention of wicker gents.