electric fences--

greenie62

Reaction score
...The funniest one was a field trip from school when I was about 10 where we all held hands and the teacher touched the fence and one of the kids and we all lifted into the air together, ...

Try that these days and it would be 'bang goes your CRB Certificate'! :eek::D:eek:mg:

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Try that these days and it would be 'bang goes your CRB Certificate'! :eek::D:eek:mg:

It was the mid 60s, our grandads still spoke with pride about beating the Krauts, we had just won the world cup and in 5 years time the BBC would be run by paedophiles, nobody cared about that sort of stuff.

greenie62

Reaction score
.... in 5 years time the BBC would be run by paedophiles, nobody cared about that sort of stuff.

I guess that 'nobody cared about that sort of stuff' was the reason that 'in 5 years time the BBC would be run by paedophiles' - which is cause and which is effect? :eek::D:eek:mg:

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not saying it was right, I'm just saying that's the way it was.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I've witnessed a few people try to step over them without realising they were live one even touched the fence on the off pulse and then cocked his leg over. I am always torn between warning the person or having a blo0dy good laugh at someone else's expense. So far "Good laugh" has come out on top.

Quite a few years ago I worked as a Auto Technician and one of the guys in the garage where I worked removed the electrical part of a spark plug testing machine, which he would occasionally connect to customers cars with a crocodile clip just before they came to pick them up. After paying their bill they would try to open the door and get zapped. Invariably they would go back into the reception to complain and the receptionist who by now was heartily sick of continually having to explain, he told them that the shock was caused by man made fibres in the tyres building up static. Sometimes the receptionist would have to go out and touch the car himself to prove that it was ok now. It was cruel I know but funny at the time, its a wonder they never actually killed some poor sucker.

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
2 crocodile. 50ft off cable. 12" florescent light = free bivvy light

I doubt this would work as one is direct current and one indirect current...or something like that. Electric fences dont have a return wire. just the one carrying the current.

terry m

Reaction score
I doubt this would work as one is direct current and one indirect current...or something like that. Electric fences dont have a return wire. just the one carrying the current.

Indirect current = alternating current.

The return is via earth, hence the need to push an earth spike into some damp ground.

You are correct though, it would not work.