Face It

R

Richard Drayson

Dave,I taught him how to fish......only joking!
From what I`ve heard about Des, we do have some things in common; fishing, beer and curry. Unfortunately, he`s a far better angler than I`ll ever be, but at least I know that I look the part on the bankside.

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
He's a bit special at the the other two by all accounts as well. I can vouch for the beer one anyway having spent an evening in the pub with him in Bewdley.

D

Dave Johnson

did'nt that evening end up with a Chinese Dave....that someone in the party enjoyed twice.......lol

D

David OLoughlin

Who's Chinese Dave? He must have been a bit of a 'goer'?

M

Malcolm Bason

"did'nt that evening end up with a Chinese Dave....that someone in the party enjoyed twice.......lol"

I take it Rik was there then??? he he he he he

R

Ray Bewick

Rich - you are a devilishly handsome bearded gentleman rather similar to a 'lighter' version of myself.
I too had problems publishing my noble visage but this was overcome by threatening to publish the combination number of Mr Marsden's wallet.

Do not worry about the rattin' of the empty vessels they are just jealous of us 'babe' magnets. Curry, beer, fishin',women & beards; Hemmingway would have been proud.

R

Ray Bewick

Rich - you are a devilishly handsome bearded gentleman rather similar to a 'lighter' version of myself.
I too had problems publishing my noble visage but this was overcome by threatening to publish the combination number of Mr Marsden's wallet.

Do not worry about the rattin' of the empty vessels they are just jealous of us 'babe' magnets. Curry, beer, fishin',women & beards; Hemmingway would have been proud.

R

Ray Bewick

Oh bugger - sent it twice.

Rich - Nice hat.

O.K. Dave - Nice hat as well, just not the right degree of 'slightly foxed'. Mind you mine is more ferreted, bunnied, deered & badgered.

D

David OLoughlin

If you mean me Ray, I obviously don't have your & Rich's experience. I'm still wearing mine in, it's only 3 years old. Mind you after hearing about the personal habits of some of the members of this site, I think 1 good 'fish in' should create that chic 'slightly foxed' look?

R

Richard Drayson

Ray, I`ve heard of these rumours about Mr Marsden`s wallet, but didn`t want to go to the lengths that you threatened him with ie. publishing the security code for it. (I understand the code is changed regularly anyway).
With regard to the hat, I was just trying to look the part like you and David...lol.
Actually, they`re great for fish spotting but c**p in anything more than a slight breeze. Manage to lose at least one each year!

D

David OLoughlin

Richard, I can't afford to loose one either. Brother in Aus brought it over. They cost ?80 over here. I've put an eyelet in each side & round the leather insert inside the hat with a leather boot lace on a toggle. Lace slips over the back of the brim & when the wind springs up just slip round the old chin a tighten the toggle. Mind you you'd need a big rope to get round that beard Richard. Worked for a sea fishing trip on a boat this summer, fishing on Windermere & the odd can of beans.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Richard,
You'll have to shave off the beard now to keep up with the "Taylor" look now. :-}~

R

Richard Drayson

Rodney, I did just that three years ago to help raise sponsorship money for a local animal sanctuary.
Not any more though, the beard`s gonna stay especially as winter is now fast approaching. Brrr.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Richard,
I call mine my ponder beard, I sit and stroke it like a pet (the beard that is) "pondering" why I've caught no bloody fish, Heh heh. :-}~

D

Dave Dowson

Ladies and gents I am having the same problem as Richard. I cannot get my ugly mug to appear either despite trying all tips given on here. Question how do I send it to Graham and whats the best method to use to crep round him for help.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
If you ever spot my wallet don't tell anybody.

email the pic to me at <a href=mailto:graham@fishingmagic.com>graham@fishingmagic.com</A>

D

David OLoughlin

Money's no good cos I hear he's got loads. Perhaps you'll agree not to start a thread on how Barbel take baits if he helps?
The other thing is it appears to be easier to get on if you have a hat.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Now would I be taking all this cheek off you lot if I was loaded? I'd be out fishing now instead of working my fingers to the bone.