Fishin

C

Carp Angler

Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th sounds good to me.
At the Linch Hill complex, Christchurch probably best bet.
3lb roach and carp to 47.

G

Goose Ganderton

Peter friday at Yalding for Roach is perfect for me I will phone you thursday to arrange a meet.

G

Goose Ganderton

Paul & Carp the 8th & 9th is good for me, I was just wondering if we should make the venue around the Oxford area if some of the lads want to come down from the Midlands or North. If it ends up with just the 3 of us then Linch Hill / Christchurch will be great I just want a crack a 3Ib+ Roach.

C

Carp Angler

I thought Oxford was pretty central for most people.
Start going any further north and it becomes a bit of a truck for the London/Kent/Southern people.
Besides, are there any good pits on a dayticket that allow nightfishing?
Oh yeah, thay've also got to contain big roach..........

G

Goose Ganderton

Oxford it is then. So we have a date and an area so all that leaves is for us all to agree on a venue and we are in business. Now come on lads lets have your suggestions on the table so we can get a water booked up by mid week.

P

Paul Williams

I also think Christchurch is a good bet, it's gonna be slow, but we have a realistic chance of one of us connecting with a very decent roach, but if any one wants to carp theres that too!!
Another water is one of the pits on the linear complex.

C

Carp Angler

I agree with Christchurch.
The Carp man will be roaching.

Come oooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

Goose Ganderton

So are we all agreed that it is Christchurch. And my next question Whats the water called and how do I get there? also any reports on what bait is pulling them in at the moment.

G

Goose Ganderton

Sorry lads I am being a bit thick today, didnt get to bed till 12.00 and had to get up again at 3.00 for work . The venue is Linch Hill at Christchurch, please correct me if I am wrong. but some guidence on the other questions would'nt go a miss.

C

Carp Angler

NO NO NO......The venue is Christchurch Lake at the Linch Hill complex, Oxford.

My plan of attack will be maggot feeders with maybe a sprinkling of mini pellets and some hemp.
Maggots or breadflake for the hook.
Lots of coffee and maybe a tot or two.......just to keep out the chill you understand......

G

Goose Ganderton

Don't shout at me Carp im feeling a little delicate due to sleep deprivation, any way I thought it was Lynch Hill at Oxford not Linch Hill but thank you for correcting me.
So how many of you lads that posted on the previous thread are up for a big Roach fish-in or are you just fair weather anglers. What time are we going to meet up.

C

Carp Angler

I reckon at about 8 or 9 on Monday morning.
Plenty of flavoured maggots, great for carp aswell.

Williams?????????

Anyone else????????

P

Paul Williams

Okay dokey! i think it might pay to stick with the one flavour though we don't want to confuse them, Goose i think tactics will be small feeders fished nesr the base of the marginal shelf, and it may pay to rake our swims.
Rik, you payed for the pie n chips last time, me the time before, it must be Goose's turn!!!!! and we do like a glass of decent red wiyh it Goose!

C

Carp Angler

Bronze maggots flavoured with tumeric.
Steak and kidney pie flavoured with brown sauce.
97 Corbiere flavoured with a Marlboro.

mmmmm mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

G

Goose Ganderton

Rik that sounds like the perfect recipe for the perfect fish-in and I cant wait. How many bottles should I bring.
Anyone else up for it or is it just me,Paul and Rik.

C

Carp Angler

I'll bring the wine as I did manage to bring 60 bottles back from France :)

P

peter webber

GOOSE I tried to phone you today but I can't get through ? are we still going chubing tomorrow???

P

Paul Williams

Peter, he's probably calling on Rik now he knows he's got all that grape juice!!!

G

Goose Ganderton

Peter Im still hungover from new years eve and am just on my way out to a mates for a session of chilli and blodie marys so tuesday looks doutful but Im thinking of going after the Roach at Yalding now that the weather is turning milder.