Fishing in the Peak District

M

mark tullett

I have to go on a residential course @ Hathersage about 10 miles from Sheffield during the first week of the 'proper' season. A colleague of mine who fishes is also going. Anyone know of any fishing in the area? looks like it could all be trout but I'm only quessing.

David Preston

Reaction score
There's loads of coarse fishing round Sheffield, and you aren't all that far from a few nice waters in Cheshire.

P

Paul Williams

Mark,
The Dove ain't to far away down the M1, as is the Derwent, they are nice little rivers, i have always meant to do more on them, bang in a light avon type rod and reel to suit and i think you will find enough to keep happy.
PS..Any news on those pits?

M

mark tullett

Looking at the map there's a Derwent just down the road from the training centre.....like I say is it Trout water though?
Dave, sorry to be a pain but did you have anywhere specific in mind?......please not Boundary Water Park!!! no, you said nice waters in Cheshire!
Paul, the pit is still closed to walkers due to F & M. I'll be ringing the warden tomorrow to see what the score is, hopefully it'll be ok for 16th June.....just in time for me to go away for the week!

P

Paul Williams

Mark,
I will leave it to more local guys to fill you in about the Peak district, but the country side around there is breathtaking in places and so diferent from the equally breathtaking Oxfordshire.......and when you return let me know!!!