Fishing licence

steve2

Reaction score
What is happening with fishing licence this year. They are not being sent out so how do I know if I have a valid licence.

mikench

Reaction score
If you renew before 31/05/24 you will still receive the little card ( same pic as the current year) but from then on just an email;

Alan Whitty

Reaction score
My licence is due on the 6th of April, according to the website it says they send a written paper receipt (not a plastic coated licence) after the end of April I think I read a couple of hours ago, but I've been for a walk and has a single malt since then....

The Sogster

Reaction score
I always looked forward to the new picture each year.
Strangely I keep them all in my wallet.

I think this is most of them since inception.
20240312_203952.jpg

John Aston

Reaction score
I was checked only last week . Chatting to the older guy he talked about how different the fishing demographic was at different waters. I was on a canal but he mentioned two very well known local commercials, both near Thirsk - on their last visit to fishery A (only takes cash, much litter , effing and blinding always audible in shop )they nabbed 22 without a licence. At water B - nice staff, decent shop, cash or card and no litter- they caught just two.

Last edited:

steve2

Reaction score
Although I informed EA of my change of address last year and received an email thanking me for the change of details it as been sent to my old address.

mikench

Reaction score
Just had an a email reminder and renewed online for £22. It took about 4 minutes.

Keith Williams

Reaction score
What is happening with fishing licence this year. They are not being sent out so how do I know if I have a valid licence.
do you have a means to check your bank account online for the last payment out to the EA ?
That will tell you the anniversary date positively.