fishing methods not fished for a while

riverman

Reaction score
well on friday i'm fishing floating bread and drilled dog biscuits on a fishery in north yorkshire.not used this method for a couple of years or so but with the weather at 20 C the resident carp should be ripe for the picking with a bit of luck.just have to avoid any ducks knocking about. :rolleyes:

The Sogster

Reaction score
I really can't remember the last time I fished a swing tip, none of the rods I have purchased in the last 35 years have a threaded tip ring.
But for me I would say that the most underused method is the slider, I just don't fish anywhere deep enough for the method anymore.

nottskev

Reaction score
I use a swing tip now and then - no threaded tip rings, which are a bit clunky tbh, but I push the rubber over the bare end of cut down quiver tips or on a home-made short section. Sliders, I'm addicted to. I positively look for deep waters. I use light sliders on the deep pegs at the back of the Forest ground. where no-one in their right mind fishes like that. I've got a bunch of Drennan and Guru method feeders here, but I haven't fished this method for at least three years. Of course it works, and at first it was exciting when your rod takes off etc, but I want to want to time the strike and hook them myself, thanks.
Good luck with your op tomorrow, if tomorrow it still is.

@Clive

Reaction score
I use a screw in swingbtip on my 'glass Hardy Avon. And regularly use sliders on lakes and rivers. The Charente is 12 foot deep at the rod end so my 'to go' method is a 4g to 8g slider with olivettes to get the bait through the bleak zone and a few trimming shot. If the river is pulling I'll sometimes slip on a Catherine lead and float ledger. On the lake I'll typically be fishing 8 to 12 foot deep so a slider is preferred there too.

The method I haven't fished for ages is surface fishing.