Fishing two rods

mikench

Reaction score
Philip you are a marvel as well as a child prodigy! I raise my hat to you! I will still stick to one rod!:)

Philip

Reaction score
Philip you are a marvel as well as a child prodigy! I raise my hat to you! I will still stick to one rod!:)

Gee thanks Mike. & good decison to stick with one rod. If you need some suggestions on were to stick it let me know ! :):rolleyes:

Philip

Reaction score
Now Now , dont all gang up on me at once.

Thing is I recon although he will doubtless say he wont till he is blue in the face, Mike will eventually use more than 1 rod.

Yes Mike I know you truly belive you wont & I wont try and convince you ...but you will....you will ! ....its just a matter of time.

Best bit of all, the day you do cast that second rod out thanks to this thread you will think of lilttle ole me when you do ;):p

mikench

Reaction score
Philip I have fished 2 rods on quite a few occasions but on only a few venues have I felt comfortable in doing so! I am sure I will do it again and have no issues at all with those, like you, who fish multiple rods regularly! On most waters on one club card I am restricted to one rod! Good luck to you!!!:)

Reaction score
Now Now , dont all gang up on me at once.

Best bit of all, the day you do cast that second rod out thanks to this thread you will think of lilttle ole me when you do ;):p

To the first paragraph,LOL.

To the second,do you want me to think your a incompetent angler like many that fish two rods then,this is not a direct jibe at you Philip,just looking at a lot of the rank and file who fish two rods,neither properly....;)

Philip

Reaction score
To the first paragraph,LOL.

To the second,do you want me to think your a incompetent angler like many that fish two rods then,this is not a direct jibe at you Philip,just looking at a lot of the rank and file who fish two rods,neither properly....;)

Alan I honestly would not know if I was one of those people who fish 2 (or 3 or 4 rods) good or badly. I have pretty much fished alone for the last couple of decades plus I try and avoid places with too many anglers so I dont really have anyone to tell me if I am fishing them well or not. I try to use common sense and use the number of rods I think the number situation in front of me on the day dictates. Sometimes the adage less is more more does work well when it comes to rods while on other occasions more can certainly mean more ! Plus everyone has to start somewhere so the guy fishing more than 1 rod for the first time is bound to hash it up a bit, thats how they learn. Others will just be happy with the one rod and will never feel the need for more than that. Good luck to them too. Thats what I love about fishing...it can be whatever you want it to be.

Read my first post and I started this thread!

its a fair point...you did say you had fished more than 1 at the start.

...see I can be humble too ;)

Reaction score
Everyone has to start somewhere,yes,learn to fish with one rod,before trying two...