fox ps mk2 alarms

glider

Reaction score
having recently brought two of these alarms i must say how dissapointed i am in fox .The alarms are well made to look at and give the appearance of a quality piece of kit,but after first impressions they take a turn for the worse ,the switch on the top where the rod sits isn`t sensitive enough and some pressure is needed to make sure it engages if you just put the rod down it won`t switch on ( I use a fox 3.25 lb test curve dead bit rod fitted with shimano 10000xte reels loaded with briad surely ths should be heavy enough?), scondly one of the arms after one trip couldn`t be set and turned out to be faulty.(Replaced by retailler no problem)the main problem in my opinion is the new line clip when i test the pull required to release the line from it i found it was solid and the rod would be pulled off the pod before it would release; all in all for a cutting edge alarm i`m extremely disapointed ;more so with fox for not doing what i would class as basic research, i`ve since reverted to fox es alarms and drop back indicators; they have kept my business but i can imagine many won`t be quite as loyal

L

Les Clark

I have the fox p1s ? ,the clip on murcury tilt and have had no trouble with them and the batteries have lasted for 3 seasons ,but I also had trouble with fox gear ,not so clever with the cheaper products .

glider

Reaction score
The clip on the ps mk2 is a small metal bar which no matter how it`s set up it too hard to pull line from, and at ?39.99 was far too much money for a product that didn`t appear to have been fully tested before being sold to the public,i under stand that under certain conditions products may not always work as they should but the line clip is very poorly design and certainly not tested prior to release ,if manufacturers want me to test products thats ok but give me the products and tell me to test them rather than sell them to me as a finished design

laurence garrrett

Reaction score
I need to buy some new bite alarms & have been looking at the new Delkims. Any info would be appreciated, are they worth the money???