Glasto...

Aknib

Reaction score
Anyone watching?

Elton John's last live performance, he's not my cup of tea but massive respect anyway.

I'm more excited about the 'mystery slot' prior to, rumour has it could be the Rolling Stones...

My God I hope so!

riverman

Reaction score
yep.my daughter recorded blondie and pretenders for me.2 bands ive loved for years and 2 legendary rock chics on vocals.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Dottir is there and Mrs S and I have watched quite a bit of it……some very good, some not so good. We watched Guns n Roses ( or Welcome to the Mumble according to the press.) The Manics we’re good as wasRick Astley and Cat Stevens which I wasn’t expecting. Not really a big rock band sort of bloke but I’ve always had a soft spot for Elton since we saw him at Wembley in 1975!! He really was the soundtrack of my yoof

Last edited:

Aknib

Reaction score
Not watched or listened to any of it.
C'mon Mike don't be a wall flower :)

I'm so out of touch with so many of today's artists that i really am beginning to feel old lol, nevertheless Glasto always gives me an energising 'reawakening'.

A reminder of the soul.

Aknib

Reaction score
Massively disappointed with Candy Staten, You Got The Love will reign eternally for me but her cover songs stink imo.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Massively disappointed with Candy Staten, You Got The Love will reign eternally for me but her cover songs stink imo.
Me too. Im afraid there comes a point at which the voice goes and to continue to perform once that happens is just embarrasing and really difficult to watch/listen to.
Sadly Candy's reached that point and imo so has Debbie Harry..

Eltons going down a storm .What a songlist to pick from though

Aknib

Reaction score
Cringe factor ten...

And didn't we all think we were it, Peugot 205's 'n all that.

To be fair Def Leppard were more my choice at the time but I wouldn't switch the radio off...

If no one was looking :ROFLMAO:

Notts Michael.

Reaction score
Sparks never fail to make me smile, very funny social observations in their lyrics on the new Crying in her Latte album, they come across as very modest and genuinely enthusiastic in interviews. Ron's keyboard which has Ronald rather than Roland printed on it was a nice touch! Top guys still doing what they love and sounding good after all these years.

terry m

Reaction score
Elton is not norMalloy my bag, but caught the start and couldn’t switch off. I thought he was excellent.

The only other act I watched was Guns n Roses, I thought they were brilliant, but Axl is lugging some extra lumber. Slash was astonishing. Respect.

Philip

Reaction score
I am due to see him in concert , this has wetted my appetite.

Last edited:

chevin4

Reaction score
Elton has been brilliant on his last live performance,well done sir,a lifetime of quality songs....
I think the guy in the red suit (Brandon Flowers) has been spending the proceeds on his last tour on Botox. He looked totally different from when he was at Glastonbury a few years ago. I thought it was Jim Carrey up there on stage.

Alan Whitty

Reaction score
Very good,but I thought Elton performed better than I've seen in the last ten years,the Manics aren't much over forty so a fair amount to catch up lol...

chevin4

Reaction score
Very good,but I thought Elton performed better than I've seen in the last ten years,the Manics aren't much over forty so a fair amount to catch up lol...
He was OK but like Rod Stewart and Paul McCartney passed his sell buy date. Although to be fair I found his set nostalgic is it really 50 years ago that I brought Yellow Brick Road