Hello from Sunny Roydon

tino

Reaction score
Im Tony and Im looking forward to the opportunity to glean river info for my new locality on the Stort and Lea,Im al;so into collection vintage useable kit,I buy and I swap so if youve anything interesting maybe we can trade along the way.
Thanks for having me;)(y)

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Tony, welcome.
A few of us on here also fish the upper Lee (or Lea) so might be able to help re: fishing in and around your new location.

Keith

tino

Reaction score
Hi Tony, welcome.
A few of us on here also fish the upper Lee (or Lea) so might be able to help re: fishing in and around your new location.

Keith
Hi Keith,Ive not fished up here for many a moon, more familiar with the Fishers Green and Kings weir areas of old not visited them in last 10 years though, I used to match fish the Lee at Edmonton back in the 80s.
Moved here last year and intend to get out more locally this coming season as I'm now retired, any advice i.e. areas and tips as to methods and baits is most welcome, I only fish Rod & Line these days never really grasped the pole, not a carp man either, if one comes along that's nice but I've never been one to set my stall to catch a monster,Im happy wandering along enjoying the scenery,not stuck in a bivvy on a bed waiting for the alarm to go off;)😂😂
All the best
Tony

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Tony; sounds like you have a similar outlook to your fishing as me although I do occasionally like to catch a few Carp on my local estate lake.

I belong to Verulum AC which also has fishing at Fishers Green on their book although I’ve still yet to fish there. I also used to fish at Kings Weir; which you mentioned; but haven’t fished there since the new concrete weir was installed.

Me holding a nice Chub at the old Kings weir taken in the middle to late 1980s before the new concrete weir was installed.

I used to belong to Welwyn Garden City AC which had a couple of stretches of the Lea; at the WGC park and a stretch about a mile or two downstream of Hertford at Bayfordbury.

I now belong to Verulum AC which has several stretches of the river Lea on their books including the Fishers Green stretches and many others including the river/stream like section in my avatar; plus several other rivers and stillwaters in the Herts and Beds areas.

Like yourself (according to your other post regarding the Speedia) I also enjoy trotting in certain stretches of river using a centrepin; and I also like to touch leger (using a fixed spool reel); and am usually fishing for Barbel & Chub and occasionally for decent sized Roach and Dace.

Anyway it’s nice to see yet another running water Angler and Pin user on FM; there are now quite a few of us (y)

Keith

Last edited: