HOW DEPRESSING !!

B

Birds Nest

There I was facing up to not being able to fish where I wanted to for a couple of months thanks for foot and mouth... Then Mr Postie delivered a big box of tackle for me... Really rubbed it in...

Sorry I'm wittering on, the coffee aint kicked in yet..

S

sam oddy

Yep - due to workload,the untimely death of the much loved fishing mobile and the reluctance of clients to turn invoices into cash for a new and suitable vehicle, I've only managed two or three trips this year. Have now acquired the vehicle, have got some spare time and can't get to fish here in Cumbria. Anyroad I'm not complaining too much, my worries are nowt to some of the farmers up this end.

I

Iain Wishart

David, I can't find anywhere open in the Lakes to fish, hence i'm fishing in Lancs! (depending on weather).
Still this lack of fishing gives me loads of time to talk on the forum and make plans for the new season.
Of course...(or should that be of coarse!) it all depends on F & M being eradicated before June 16...d'oh

S

sam oddy

David, as far as I am aware the Lakes are shut! Whilst everyone is aware of the farmers' plight, the hospitality industry up this end is devastated. I'm making enquiries of a couple of nearby waters that may be open but to be truthful my heart isn't really in it at the mo. I was up at Longtown just north of Carlisle yesterday visiting a client - the smell of burning and the empty fields which would normally be full of lambs will remain as one of the saddest and upsetting experiences of my life.