How did you get on?

Andy Pet

Reaction score
I had the 2.25lb in both 9 and 10 foot. The 9ft was the better of the 2 but still ended up on that god awful selling site. I've owned an Aventa and a Sheffield.

Also what's the pin shown in the pic?

peterjg

Reaction score
For quite a while I have been doing quite well but yesterday normality resumed: I started on the Thames at first light on a stretch where previously has been great, anyway yesterday it was dead. So I drove several miles to the K&A canal and fluked one small roach on bread flake which hooked itself while the water was swishing to and fro due to the locks opening because of the boats - no other bites. Got fed up with the boats so packed up once again and walked upstream to the Kennet and there I trotted punched bread for another small roach and a gudgeon. No bites at all on hemp? Funny how some days can be so different?

tigger

Reaction score
I had the 2.25lb in both 9 and 10 foot. The 9ft was the better of the 2 but still ended up on that god awful selling site. I've owned an Aventa and a Sheffield.

Also what's the pin shown in the pic?

I'm not well up on cary type rods at all, but from what i've seen this latest 2020 version is the best so far....were your ones this years model?

The pin in the pic is a youngs BJ, nice reels, i've had that one for many years and used it a lot but usually for trotting. Just thought i'd use it for a still water session. I do like the okumas for that also.

Andy Pet

Reaction score
I'm not well up on cary type rods at all, but from what i've seen this latest 2020 version is the best so far....were your ones this years model?
Yes I bought them during lockdown but quickly realised they weren't for me. Probably OK as a single rod set up but when carting 2 made up rods around PITA. Just a quickie, if you don't mind how long is the handle length from butt to front of 1" cork above reel? 25"??

mikench

Reaction score
I can only report, tongue in cheek, of my foray to the beach.

IMG_7824.JPGIMG_7826.JPG
The sun shone and it was very warm. Lots of other anglers catching nothing like me so I had a swim. The bass rod was nice to use and the baitcaster plus break away canon worked well. I practiced my casting and on one retrieve discovered a small fish hanging on the mackerel bait. It looked like a skimmer but fell of/ let go as it exited the surf so I couldn't say what it was. I enjoyed it though so will go again soon .

s63

Reaction score
Did you see me waving Mike? I doubt it, a very damp foggy morning when I arrived at Hythe this morning, possibly my last sea fishing trip of the year which has been a big disappointment, just one baby bass and a couple of dozen mackerel, I wouldn’t persevere but being on the beach is such a nice feeling, especially when it’s early before civilisation has woken up.

I spent two hours fishing the flood and one hour the ebb, the fog and mirk replaced with blue sky and sunshine, spinning for bass that resulted in two undersize mackerel that went back. Got desperate enough to throw out a bait on my pike rod, used both prawn and sandeel on a circle hook, the crabs were well fed!

Not quite the hues of the Azure.

60664F58-AE4F-47E6-B44B-EE4CC937770D.jpeg