huge barbel caught in leeds

riverman

Reaction score
i heard the river aire in leeds city centre was producing some nice barbel and none more so than a 15lb 7oz cracker caught a few days ago.it was caught near the royal armouries stretch.i've only fished the aire once before near thwaite mills in hunslet which is literally 2 miles from my house.gonna drive down and have a recce in anticipation of a summer session. ;)

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
i heard the river aire in leeds city centre was producing some nice barbel and none more so than a 15lb 7oz cracker caught a few days ago.it was caught near the royal armouries stretch.i've only fished the aire once before near thwaite mills in hunslet which is literally 2 miles from my house.gonna drive down and have a recce in anticipation of a summer session. ;)
That looks a good stretch from what I have seen

@Clive

Reaction score
I've heard that there are some monster carp in that river too. Best of luck 👍