I wonder what this pike weighed....

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
Just found this report on a french newspaper......

A pike of 1m 36 and looking quite full bodied, anyone have any weight for length scales?

Keith M

Reaction score
Mona’s Scale reckons it’s roughly a little over 46lb to 48lb-ish if you convert 136cm to inches (53.5 in)

Of course this doesn’t take into consideration its girth

1661870409471.gif

Keith

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
Thats a whopper.

I see some mountains in the background.

Were did he catch it from Mike ? ....you can send me a pm 😁

keora

Reaction score
I've heard of Mona's scale but I've never seen it before. I've compared the scale with a graph of pike length against weight which I did some years ago. It was based on about twenty five pike I caught on Yorkshire rivers.

Mona's scale shows a 5lb pike has a length of about 25", and a 20 lb pike has a length of 40 lbs - and that's close to the readings I took.

I imagine a pike from fertile waters with lots of prey fish would weigh more than a pike of similar length from a less fertile water.

Phil Heaton

Reaction score
It's definitely a very big pike but unfortunately guides are simply that and big fish especially can vary more than smaller fish depending upon food consumed, time of year and venue. I have photo's of a 24 from Chew I caught a few years ago and to look at it now you would argue it wasn't over 20lbs, while I've had Trent pike looking well over 20lb only tipping the scales at 17lb.
It's a shame the photo's weren't a bit better, it would look magnificent held.

Last edited: