Kids Flotation Suit

Jim Hickey

Reaction score
Hi All, Have just got back into sea fishing after a few years away. I'm meant to be taking my 6 year old out night beach fishing ( not all night... just til he falls asleep on his feet )this friday and have been looking to get him a flotation suit to keep him warm and dry on the beach and also a bit safer on the odd occasions that we take the boat out. Have spent hours looking through various sites but can't find anything smaller than xxs fits 8 - 10 year olds and costs ?120. Has anyone seen anything that could be usefull to me to fit a 6 year old and preferably costing a lot less than ?120! Thanks for your help. Jim. Feel free to mail me on : jim_hickey2001@yahoo.co.uk

alan

Reaction score
how about a lifejacket and a set of thermals?, probably be better for a kid if he fell in as it would be self righting for him.
ive noticed that kids floaty suits are as expensive or more expensize then adults.

Jim Hickey

Reaction score
Hi Alan, many thanks for the response. He does wear a life jacket on the boat so that's not so much of a problem. What i was really trying to solve was the cold & wet problem on the beach in one go. Had a look at the site you put the link to, bloody good prices but as you pointed out it's just a shame that they're to big. Never mind, will keep looking and if in a couple of years he's still interested i'll know where to look. Thanks Again, Jim.

D

dave morton

I think you really need to look at ski suits to solve the warmth problem and an auto inflate life jacket ( which you say you have) for bouyancy protection. Auto inlfate life jackets are not cumbersome and available for under ?60 in sea angler.

Dont forget that anything clothing wise you buy now wont fit in 6months time :/

Dave