King George V pool Altrincham

wetthrough

Reaction score
King George V pool is only 1.5mls from me as the crow flies but I've never fished it. Does anyone know anything about it? I bumped into the bailiff on Dunham fisheries a couple of weeks ago but didn't have chance to ask much as my lift was waiting.

thecrow

Reaction score
There is some information on you tube about the water, mostly carp orientated.

I have never flown over the water so cannot comment further :)

wetthrough

Reaction score
I'll try and find out a bit more about it first Mike. I had a look at the you tube stuff and it didn't soound too promising.

markcw

Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Gordon, last I heard it was day ticket, and a few carp anglers bivvy up for the weekend. Plus the usual dog walkers having a stroll around the place. As for the fishing, it was mentioned that it was better a few years ago.

wetthrough

Reaction score
Spoke to someone that used to fish it years ago and it's only about 2:3ft at most and very silty. When I get back driving I'll have a look round and see if there's anyone fishing there/access/parking etc. There used to be big Carp in there apparently but not so many now as a result of a big fish kill one winter which might mean other fish are getting more of a look in. I'll report back if I get any more info.