why do i use it?
do the fish eat it?
sorry for all the questions
si

R

robert dearnley

carp angler,what is your problem!!!
why all the snardy comments?
why dont you just answer peoples questions,instead of constant chit chat all the time.
maybe cos your frustrated cos you aint caught a carp in 2 years,i dont know but bloody shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leam is basically a kind of soil
its mostly used in winter when the water is clear
its used same as groundbait
the reason for using it is the same as groundbait
some say fish eat it some say they dont
i personally am certain they dont!
o.k si

M

Malcolm Bason

Simon and Robert! Are you one and the same? There are are lot of similarities in your writings? And in the profiles? :0)

C

Carp Angler

If people don't want me to write on the forums then I'll stop.
I chat on the chatty threads and answer questions when able on the more serious threads.
Occasionally I make a light hearted comment on a question, well I am so terribly sorry.

Frustrated?
I don't think so.
(although, I sense frustration in your writing)

Bloody shut up?
Probably not.

Snardy?????????
Is this a real word?

P

peter webber

Carp you stay there mate if they don't like a bit of fun then thats there problem. As far as robert telling up to "bloody shut up" thats well out of order. Whats his problem ? got a flea up his rear or what?

P

Paul Williams

Robert, if you take the time to look back you will find that Rik has done far more than most of us to help answer questions....lighten up!!

M

mark tullett

Hang on a minute guys.....what's going on? fancy having a go @ a shy, sensitive little guy like Rik?
I will try to help but please don't knock people for having a larf!
Leam is used to help small bottom feed(generally bloodworm) to sink. I first used it in the late 70's when it was bought across from France and it was generally the sticky grey stuff (it's basically fine powdered clay). These days there are lots of different grades about.If you really want to see how it's used find a venue that's dominated by people fishing bloodworm, watch and ask.....politely, some of the matchmen.

G

Glyn Maude

now now children us anglers are here to help each other.we don't need to be bitchy.all the anti's will be loving this sort of thing.so kiss and make up

R

Ron Clay

Leam works well on the small rivers of the Midlands. In fact so well that one of these rivers was named after the stuff. Not only that but it didn't take long for them to re-name Lobwormsbury Spa to Leamington Spa. The town shortly got a Royal charter from Charles I who used to love catching gudgeon at Offchurch using Leam for groundbait and gentles for hookbait

R

Ron Clay

Aye, and so I did in a previous life. The best part was ye milckmayds and our honest rompps in ye hayerickkes.

We were onycce joinnedd by the master Isaak and honeft Coriden who sleepeth toggether in ye sheetes smeellyng of lavender; Aye t'was a lyffe of sublimaty with only our angllying rods and worms taken fromn ye putifration of ye eearth