Leigh Tackle & Bait

jon atkinson

Reaction score
...have just relocated & have some tasty deals today. If you're in the North-West and fancy a trip out. Copied & pasted (& edited) from FB...

Leigh Tackle

https://www.facebook.com/leightackl...8NyF9dK4zbw3id7lXE7JhVPFE6xhX&__tn__=,O,P-y-R
·
PRESTON INNOVATIONS OPEN DAY TOMORROW
Absolute MADNESSES DEALS - Read Below
We don’t half spoil you here at LTB and not only do you have a chance to meet two of Preston Innovations and the UK’s best match anglers in
ANDY MAY OOOssshhhhhh
ADAM RUMBLE
Who have countless match wins throughout the country amongst the ABSOLUTE BEST !!! and a host of major finals between them
You get to have a wiggle of Preston Innovations full range of Superium poles which have gone down an absolute storm and are definitely LTB’s BEST SELLING RANGE OF POLES
And if even that’s not enough you’ve got us CRAZY BUNCH offering some ABSOLUTE MADNESS DEALS - LOOK
RODS
💥
10ft Ignition Waggler RRP £55 - LTB £32
💥
11ft Ignition Waggler RRP £60 - LTB £45
All other Preston Rods 15% Off Inc …
✅
Supera
✅
Distance Master
✅
Ascention
✅
Super Feeder
REELS
15% Off All Reels Inc …
✅
Inertia
✅
Magintude
✅
Centris
✅
Extremity
All Models & Sizes - IN STOCK !!!!
CLOTHING
💥
Preston Grey Hoodie RRP £35 - LTB £20
💥
Preston Black Polo RRP £22 - LTB £14
💥
Preston Black T Shirt RRP £16 - LTB £10
💥
Preston Grey T Shirt RRP £16 - LTB £10
💥
Preston Stealth Cap RRP £10 - LTB £5
It’s getting good this isn’t it
🤣
#webringthedeals
⭐️
OP KITS
💥
Superium Short Kit Grey - In Stock 10% OFF
💥
DWA Short Kit Grey - In Stock 10% OFF
💥
DWA Short Kit Black - In Stock 10% OFF
💥
DWA 2 Piece Grey - In Stock 10% OFF
💥
DWA 2 Piece Black - In Stock 10% OFF
POLES
💥
Preston Edge Monster - 10% OFF
💥
Preston Superium Margin - 10% OFF
💥
Preston Superium X10 - 10% OFF
💥
Preston Superium X20 - 10% OFF
💥
Preston Superium X30 - 10% OFF
💥
Preston Superium X50 - 10% OFF
💥
Preston Superium X90 - 10% OFF
You do the maths
You know what - LETS HAVE A MAD ONE 10% OFF ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ELSE in stock (and we have some) of everything else we’ve not listed from Preston Innovations that’s …..
✅
Seat Boxes
✅
Pole Rollers
✅
Luggage
✅
Terminal
And everything in between and if we’ve any Monster X handled left we will do them at HALF PRICE aswel - Why Not
ALL AVAILABLE FROM 7:30am Tomorrow Morning
Unit 7 & 8
PLATT FOLD STREET
LEIGH
WN7 1JH
See you tomorrow we told you #webringthedeals
#no1destinationstore #rrpnotatleigh #webringthedeals #leightackle #ltbtakeover #ltblevelup #wehavestock #theoneandonly

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
...have just relocated & have some tasty deals today. If you're in the North-West and fancy a trip out. Copied & pasted (& edited) from FB...

Leigh Tackle

https://www.facebook.com/leightackleandbait/posts/pfbid0WRx7sSuVfdE92X5Zdo5qAFgG5bmbBPZPzsiGe7W7rsdW1Lvftp7Dt4MafaVgHEZ4l?__cft__[0]=AZVzudc6nNOjmVRTN4_fszksQonYSVMRWOkmnNmufTFcoHEg-zSrVezVbJ3heEhWaXAsHM_IepRrTYDtmJkjrx-80sZi0m9eGzyJnCeZUrA2S0aimlvvdws6EvwvN4ncT9c_zM8Hu6AtOYwKYzU134pOa09w0FtpVDJ403YfpV3u5nwzD_K-ysH8zRC8NyF9dK4zbw3id7lXE7JhVPFE6xhX&__tn__=,O,P-y-R
·
PRESTON INNOVATIONS OPEN DAY TOMORROW
Absolute MADNESSES DEALS - Read Below
We don’t half spoil you here at LTB and not only do you have a chance to meet two of Preston Innovations and the UK’s best match anglers in
ANDY MAY OOOssshhhhhh
ADAM RUMBLE
Who have countless match wins throughout the country amongst the ABSOLUTE BEST !!! and a host of major finals between them
You get to have a wiggle of Preston Innovations full range of Superium poles which have gone down an absolute storm and are definitely LTB’s BEST SELLING RANGE OF POLES
And if even that’s not enough you’ve got us CRAZY BUNCH offering some ABSOLUTE MADNESS DEALS - LOOK
RODS
💥
10ft Ignition Waggler RRP £55 - LTB £32
💥
11ft Ignition Waggler RRP £60 - LTB £45
All other Preston Rods 15% Off Inc …
✅
Supera
✅
Distance Master
✅
Ascention
✅
Super Feeder
REELS
15% Off All Reels Inc …
✅
Inertia
✅
Magintude
✅
Centris
✅
Extremity
All Models & Sizes - IN STOCK !!!!
CLOTHING
💥
Preston Grey Hoodie RRP £35 - LTB £20
💥
Preston Black Polo RRP £22 - LTB £14
💥
Preston Black T Shirt RRP £16 - LTB £10
💥
Preston Grey T Shirt RRP £16 - LTB £10
💥
Preston Stealth Cap RRP £10 - LTB £5
It’s getting good this isn’t it
🤣
#webringthedeals
⭐️
OP KITS
💥
Superium Short Kit Grey - In Stock 10% OFF
💥
DWA Short Kit Grey - In Stock 10% OFF
💥
DWA Short Kit Black - In Stock 10% OFF
💥
DWA 2 Piece Grey - In Stock 10% OFF
💥
DWA 2 Piece Black - In Stock 10% OFF
POLES
💥
Preston Edge Monster - 10% OFF
💥
Preston Superium Margin - 10% OFF
💥
Preston Superium X10 - 10% OFF
💥
Preston Superium X20 - 10% OFF
💥
Preston Superium X30 - 10% OFF
💥
Preston Superium X50 - 10% OFF
💥
Preston Superium X90 - 10% OFF
You do the maths
You know what - LETS HAVE A MAD ONE 10% OFF ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ELSE in stock (and we have some) of everything else we’ve not listed from Preston Innovations that’s …..
✅
Seat Boxes
✅
Pole Rollers
✅
Luggage
✅
Terminal
And everything in between and if we’ve any Monster X handled left we will do them at HALF PRICE aswel - Why Not
ALL AVAILABLE FROM 7:30am Tomorrow Morning
Unit 7 & 8
PLATT FOLD STREET
LEIGH
WN7 1JH
See you tomorrow we told you #webringthedeals
#no1destinationstore #rrpnotatleigh #webringthedeals #leightackle #ltbtakeover #ltblevelup #wehavestock #theoneandonly
I used to go there regularly when I lived in Warrington , had some good deals and price matches when Steve had it ,
Still get good deals now that Gavin has it . Now living in Oxford , I still call in when I go up to Warrington
Went last time they had a sale , they had £1per item buckets around the shop filleed with various sundries .I came away with spools of Shimano silk shock line. There was 10% off Drennan tackle as well.plus a buy two get one free type deals on smaller items So a few floats and pole rigs joined the Shimano line on the counter .

nottskev

Reaction score
It's a great part of the world for tackle shops. I used to get all my rods and poles from NWAC. It was worth going just to sample the customer service. I once asked about the price of a pole.: "£600. And if you don't want it at that price, you don't f****** want one".

jon atkinson

Reaction score
It's a great part of the world for tackle shops. I used to get all my rods and poles from NWAC. It was worth going just to sample the customer service. I once asked about the price of a pole.: "£600. And if you don't want it at that price, you don't f****** want one".
A little bit out of the way from where I am, but I did 'go to church' a couple of times before it was swallowed up by AD - easy to while away the hours, not to mention the ££s when in there!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
I used to go to Taskers and the one not far from the old Bryant And May match factory on the way in to Liverpool ,can't remember it's name ,I was asked to fish in the national team a few were involved with , I was working away a bit at the time so couldn't commit .
NWAC had a shop before it relocated to the church , I bought a Shimano pole from there plus Daiwa canal wand and a Daiwa 1657 reel plus a few bits and bobs, When he asked how I was paying and I said cash , I more ore less got the rod and reel thrown in .A lot of local dealers didn't like the bloke who had NWAC ,he had the wayahead tackle warehouse at Haydock,
He was buying in bulk and selling poles cheaper over the counter than what they could get it trade price .
Highfield Angling was another good shop .

jon atkinson

Reaction score
I used to go to Taskers and the one not far from the old Bryant And May match factory on the way in to Liverpool ,can't remember it's name ,I was asked to fish in the national team a few were involved with , I was working away a bit at the time so couldn't commit .
NWAC had a shop before it relocated to the church , I bought a Shimano pole from there plus Daiwa canal wand and a Daiwa 1657 reel plus a few bits and bobs, When he asked how I was paying and I said cash , I more ore less got the rod and reel thrown in .A lot of local dealers didn't like the bloke who had NWAC ,he had the wayahead tackle warehouse at Haydock,
He was buying in bulk and selling poles cheaper over the counter than what they could get it trade price .
Highfield Angling was another good shop .
Taskers has recently relocated & is now on the same estate as Taskers home store Taskers sports - not a bad set up actually, if a little out of my way. Bryant & May as was is now a commerce park imaginatively titled 'the matchworks' - I'm not aware of any tackle shops out that way, but it's the opposite end of town so I don't have much occasion to be there. my favourite Merseyside tackle shop would probably be Parkfield on the Wirral - not much of an on-line presence, but a veritable Aladin's Cave for anglers, but I mostly go to Neptune in Maghull - my local - great service and info!

nottskev

Reaction score
Highfield angling in Farnworth? That was Vinnie Smith's shop, wasn't it? TriCast agent, England international, brilliant canal angler, caster and bloodworm expert, and as friendly a bloke as you could wish to meet. I lived in that least fishy of places, Salford, for 5 years in the mid 80's, and several times I sat behind Vinnie on the Bridgwater canal Trafford Park opens watching him extract roach with great subtlety on the poles which by then had grown to 12.5m. There was no point me fishing these matches - the standard was way over my head - but watching was an education.
I remember him telling me I should try the new-fangled Commercial at Cudmore - said he'd caught 20lb (amazing weight weight in Northwest matches then) several times and never even framed. How expectations have changed! Here's a clip you might like, Mark, from the local paper.

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
Highfield angling in Farnworth? That was Vinnie Smith's shop, wasn't it? TriCast agent, England international, brilliant canal angler, caster and bloodworm expert, and as friendly a bloke as you could wish to meet. I lived in that least fishy of places, Salford, for 5 years in the mid 80's, and several times I sat behind Vinnie on the Bridgwater canal Trafford Park opens watching him extract roach with great subtlety on the poles which by then had grown to 12.5m. There was no point me fishing these matches - the standard was way over my head - but watching was an education.
I remember him telling me I should try the new-fangled Commercial at Cudmore - said he'd caught 20lb (amazing weight weight in Northwest matches then) several times and never even framed. How expectations have changed! Here's a clip you might like, Mark, from the local paper.

Coincidentally, I’m fishing a match at Cudmore tomorrow, it’ll be my first visit.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score

Yes it was Vinnie's shop, I removed sat outside on a seatbox holding a Tricast pole when I was contemplating buying one .
Highfield had some good anglers ,Steve and Stuart Conroy , Stuart went on to represent England at senior level , he also represented at intermediate level . Both went on to fish with what is now Drennan Northwest , Another was Darren Peel . He later fished for a couple of Yorkshire teams , and the last time I spoke to him he was on the management at Daiwa in Scotland .
A few cars went missing on a few of those Trafford park matches to due location of parking .
I will have a look at the link later ,Cheers kev

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Taskers has recently relocated & is now on the same estate as Taskers home store Taskers sports - not a bad set up actually, if a little out of my way. Bryant & May as was is now a commerce park imaginatively titled 'the matchworks' - I'm not aware of any tackle shops out that way, but it's the opposite end of town so I don't have much occasion to be there. my favourite Merseyside tackle shop would probably be Parkfield on the Wirral - not much of an on-line presence, but a veritable Aladin's Cave for anglers, but I mostly go to Neptune in Maghull - my local - great service and info!
The shop is now closed , I think it may have been Aigberth ? Angling

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Coincidentally, I’m fishing a match at Cudmore tomorrow, it’ll be my first visit.
Chopped worm and caster in the margins is doing the business as Bishop Bowl in Warwick at the moment . Mainly a winter tactic but a quick change of doing something different is paying of . May be worth a try at cudmore ,?

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
Chopped worm and caster in the margins is doing the business as Bishop Bowl in Warwick at the moment . Mainly a winter tactic but a quick change of doing something different is paying of . May be worth a try at cudmore ,?
Thanks but a little too late. I’ve got groundbait and corn for one edge and mushy meat for the other.

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
I had 74lb 13oz for second place. Winner had 145lb on paste.