Let’s go Fishing.

mikench

Reaction score
Nice video. He referred to a running ledger on the line but his weight was a swivel with an swan/AAA shot above which is obviously fixed on the line . Did he mean that the bait was running ie moving down his swim in the current.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Nice video. He referred to a running ledger on the line but his weight was a swivel with an swan/AAA shot above which is obviously fixed on the line . Did he mean that the bait was running ie moving down his swim in the current.

It is a bit confusing, he mentioned earlier about using olivetes as weights, they can be used free running, like a streamlined pierced bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nottskev

Reaction score

His commentary doesn't quite keep up with his tackle changes. Look at 16.50 on - you can see he's got what looks like a square lead of 1oz or so on for static legering.

Great to see someone touch-legering/ rolling a bait.

mikench

Reaction score
I could only see the shot fixed to the line above the swivel. The reel looked like a PI Centris but what a noise! Was it the braid through the rings or the reel? I liked his presentation though.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I could only see the shot fixed to the line above the swivel. The reel looked like a PI Centris but what a noise! Was it the braid through the rings or the reel? I liked his presentation though.

A friend of mine does similar clips for YouTube and he uses a very expensive Diawa reel which sounds much the same. I think the microphone significantly magnifies the sound of the reel.

I like the fact that he keeps it so simple and that he seems to enjoy himself, which after all is what it’s all about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ian g

Reaction score
I enjoyed the video , I think we often over complicate things . Most of my ledgering on the Severn is with swan shot on the line , Adding just enough to sink a large bit of flake is a killer method for chub .