loosing fish

associatedmatt

Reaction score
today i kept loosing fish while fishing on edge of crease on avon in a weir pool was on feeder with bead crumb and flake or crust on size 12 hook big bites to point nearly came out of rest but felt powerful fish defently not roach or bream etc im sure was chub as had a chublet in same area . what am i doing wrong ?

thecrow

Reaction score
Probably nothing Matt its some thing we all experience at some time, A size 12 is quiet small for fishing flake, maybe up the size to a 10 or even an 8. for a start and see if that changes anything.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
at the time was catching roach erlier so i was sticking with 12 and then came a chublet ! but you couldnt miss the bites !

associatedmatt

Reaction score
brand new out of the packet , just thinking could be just one of those when the hook was on edge of mouth and not set properly .

john step

Reaction score
Just because the hook was new and sharp at the start of the session, it doesn't mean it kept that way.
Weir Pools by their nature are rocky and gravely which play havoc with hook points.
Try checking the point is not turned over after every cast and always carry a hook stone.
You will be surprised how often you will feel a turned point.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
i mean it was new and sharp as the previous cast i had it caught in snags and broke it off so renewed hooklink , but i will take a needle file with me