Made to measure chest waders

Bigroach3

Reaction score
Has anyone bought made to measure chest waders from fishing waders .co.uk?
No reply to phone calls or emails. Their address appears to be a private house?

chrisjpainter

Reaction score
I think I will. Thanks. Any recommends?
Sounds daft, but what are you using them for? If you're going to be moving around in them walking from peg to peg or over fields, then avoid the heavy PVC ones and get decent nylon ones. Mine are Vision and they're superb. I got mine second hand and they've served me well.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I do a fair bit of wading these days, regardless of the time of year. However, come winter, I rarely go very deep, just above the knee to mid-thigh is the limit. Regardless of the types of waders being used, I don't want winter river water coming particularly close to my dangly bits. To that end (and because I find them warmer than alternatives), I use neoprene-lined rubber thigh waders. That removes the temptation to go too deep. Even without going too deep, I find that once it gets properly cold, I'll have to be wary of my knees stiffening up and calves cramping. Getting out of the water when everything is seized up with cold is rather dangerous. Anything more than fairly short periods in the water need to be broken up.

Last edited:

John Aston

Reaction score
I rarely deep wade in winter, but sometimes need to cross a river to get access to a swim when lure fishing for pike or trotting for grayling. I use chest waders for this reason , and the bonus is being able to sit down anywhere you want , which is important when your back is aching after an hour or so of standing up. Normal chest - or waist or thigh - waders can get damn cold in winter unless you are moving around , which I am doing constantly with both styles. Neoprenes are much warmer, but can cook you on a warm day , and can be more awkward to walk in .

I use Vass breathable stocking foot chest waders for spring and summer fly fishing , and they are the only breathables I have owned which withstand my abuse ( overgrown banks, brambles , my innate clumsiness etc) . Others have leaked within weeks or months . Great in mild weather, but parky in the cold. I use these with studded wading boots . My PVC chest waders are also Vass , with studded soles and they are comfy and relatively warm as long as I move regularly - I've grayling fished in minus 8C and survived . I buy at least one size too big, for ease of putting on and taking off , and to allow extra socks.

For all other fishing I wear Aigle neoprene wellies , which I find good to walk in and much warmer than moonboots etc