Method feeder rod.

mikench

Reaction score
I have seen a few rods on line from various manufactures described as a method feeder rod alongside a feeder rod in various lengths. Are they not the same ? I treat all my feeder rods with quiver tips exactly the same whether it’s with a free running bomb , cage feeder or inline method feeder. I only differentiate between them on length, casting weight and venue suitability.

Keith M

Reaction score
Same here; I see no difference in the rod needed when using the method feeder as opposed to a normal feeder.

A method feeder is just an in-line open feeder for pellets or ground bait where your bait sits on top of the feed; which often has moulds to make setting it up a bit easier. (isn’t it ?)

Perhaps it’s just to get someone (who probably already has feeder rods) to spend a bit more of their hard earned cash on a new rod that they did’n't really need???

Keith

Last edited:

nottskev

Reaction score
I don't think you'll find any consistent use of terms in the field.

I recall that when The Method emerged, people were hurling out things that had the equivalent of a ball of groundbait moulded around a weighted frame, and a Method Feeder Rod was a beefy affair. But things are relatively refined in these days of mini hybrids etc.

A glance at some big brand's rod labelling shows the language is all over the place.

Drennan's Red Range Carp Feeder rod comes with lighter tips (2,3oz) than their Red Range Method Feeder Rod (3,4oz).
Shimano call everything in the leger dept a Feeder Rod - including their two Winklepickers, traditionally, the lightest of light bomb rods. Go figure.
Daiwa call nearly everything a Feeder Rod, then suddenly label a budget range Method Feeder Rods, although their specs are no different, and even offer a Mini Method Feeder which has the same specs (line, casting weights) but is shorter.
Browning have a Carp Wand Feeder Rod ........

Ignore the labelling. Check the specs for individual rods or the rods themselves if buying. And do what you do - match your rod to your fishing that day.

Last edited:

peterjg

Reaction score
What I desperately need (I think?) is a method wand carp margin distance compound fast taper bomb leger light specimen quivertip feeder rod - preferably in matt camo carbon finish. PS: obviously it must have a 50mm butt ring!