Mid-week Fish-in?

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
S-Kippy.......River Thames?....great place,beautiful scenery,lots of water to choose from BUT not too many fish.........but I've heard Jeff Woodhouse is an expert and you could all fish his private barbel swim in turns-I'm sure he wouldn't mind!!!

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I really wish I knew the Thames better...I had some good days on it years ago. But its changed so much I wouldn't know where to start now.One of my favourite chub swims is now fished almost exclusively for carp.

Last edited:

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Walton is always good for a Perch, Roach or skimmer or two if you play your card right. Good parking right nxt to the siwms free as well both fishing and parking . I am up for a session

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
if it has to be the lower Thames, Walton is the the best venue for parking, toilets, burger van and no long walks. It will be hard fishing but all you experts should catch something, pole ,waggler ,stick float, feeder all work, it isn't that bad.............

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Right then. Let's have a go at Walton. Some good predators there anyway. Might even wake up a catfish! :)

How about next week? Tuesday?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Are you really surprised Geoff ? Next Tuesday is the first day back to work for most of us mill workers.

Count me out. No matter how good the company or venue I'm not using a day's leave on the Thames....and certainly not in winter when its full of road wash.

Last edited:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
sadly I will be back at the mill on Tuesday...........
Thanks anyway Jeff.

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

Great idea - mid week - on the Thames - that'll be easy for all us "up North" - ****heads - come up to fish the Don on aThursday - how about that :mad:

How many pegs can you arrange?