New Look FISHINGmagic

D

David OLoughlin

Rob, e-mail me your question & I'll post it for you if that's any help?

W

Wendy Perry

Hi Graham i think this web site is brill i've been on lots of fishing sites but this one gives me lots of info around my area ie:tackle shops, clubs, waters to fish on etc. i use the internet alot i work designing web sites and think this site is very user friendly i'd give it a 10/10 well done !!

Wendy (the happy happy fisherwoman :eek:) )

D

David OLoughlin

Graham do believe the above? Wendy's after a line cutter. :eek:)

K

Kevan Farmer

I was having the same problem as Rodney - you are not alone - with Netscape coughing up an unexpected error. I tried Netscape 6 but this only showed the first post of a thread no others would appear. Netscape 4.7 does now work ok except for one minor problem - more in a moment. Netscape 6, however, still only shows the first post in a thread, there is no way to read the rest of the posts. This is only happening on Netscape 6. The minor problem I have found has only started to occur today - Sunday 9th - Netscape 4.7 is not remembering my e-mail address and password. I'm having to type them both in every time I try to access the site. As I say it's merely a minor problem otherwise everything is fine.

Kevan

D

David OLoughlin

Only a Fisherman could be let down by 'Netscape'! (Groan, sorry)

W

Wendy Perry

Hey David now would a woman play on a man's emotions :eek:) ( espescially when she came second in her first fishing match and doesn't have much tackle ) :eek:)

R

Robin Tapp

Clearly you don't need much tackle then Wendy ;)

David, Yeah there is a known issue about defaulting to last I think we've fixed the code now so it should be fixed next time we upload.

Kevan, the Netscape thing was something we were working hard on it's not a full solution yet you don't have drop down menus, however we hope we'll be able to get those working at some point. As for your logging on issue, it's probably because you've got it to not accept cookies or discard them at the end of the session. We'll work on the netscape 6 thing.

W

Wendy Perry

Hey Robin you would laugh if you saw my tackle honestly i bought a it from........ wait for it... Argos lol :) it's aloada crap !! but it will do me for now till i can afford to get the good gear and belive me i want it all now ;o)

K

Kevan Farmer

Robin. I think it's my copy of Netscape. I do have it set up to accept all cookies - easier that way when going on sites like Microsoft. I've had this before. It was working fine even after the upgrade and then it just stops remembering the log in. I've double checked the cookies as I thought it would be that. No joy so I may re-install Netscape 4.7 as for version 6.....sloooooooow. On everything.

Kevan

K

Kevan Farmer

Well, would you credit it? The next time I try to access Fishing Magic it logs in automatically. I have not touched any settings - I did check them again to make sure cookies were enabled, which they are still. Strange.

Kevan

D

David OLoughlin

"Hey David now would a woman play on a man's emotions"
Wendy, never! I've never known a woman to be anything but honest & forthright in their dealings with me.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Hi Kevan,
I had the same log on problem but only the first time I managed to get into the site, I thought it was the system identifying the users again after the new look as it only happened the once.

David,
Me too, LOL.

K

Kevan Farmer

Agghhh.....talk about tearing one's hair out. It's forced me to do a full log in again this time. I'll just have to accept it until Netscape 6 runs ok. I can use Internet Explorer as I have that installed too - together with Opera - I just don't like it.

Kevan

R

Robin Tapp

What problem do you have with Netscape 6 and what version are you running. If you've chosen to upgrade Netscape I would strongly recommend making sure that you have the latest version of Netscape 6. 6.1 is now out and has improved hugely over 6.0, to start with it actually runs in a slightly more sensible time and secondly it has a lot less issues with many sites including ours.

K

Kevan Farmer

Robin. I'll make sure I have the latest download - I probably don't at the moment. What happens in version 6 is that you see the first post in a thread but nothing after it. You know I said about tearing my hair out? Well, 4.7 is now going straight in again. Crazy.

Kevan

R

Rodney Wrestt

Hi all,
I still don't have the drop down menus in the home page when the cursor hovers over Editorial, In your swim etc. :-}~

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It's definitely a Netscape problem that we can only deal with by changing the menu to another type. This should be done today. Check again later.

K

Kevan Farmer

Graham, Robin. I have upgraded Netscape to the latest version - 6.1 - and things are looking good. I have drop down menus, full lists of threads, automatic log on and it's quicker. Well done lads.

Kevan

K

Kevan Farmer

No, I rarely get caught up. I'm too mean to lose tackle :)))

Kevan