New Season

Paul Hayes

Reaction score
I'm waiting until the Monday, using up my last week's holiday.
Went a walk along a stretch of the Trent yesterday and it's in perfect nick, mind you if these temperatures last much longer it'll be to low.
It was bloody hard last season with hardly any summer flood water, hopefully this season won't be quite as bad.

I'll be on the river bank at midday pre-baiting a swim where barbel were quite active last season. I'll leave it until about 5 before I start fishing.
Freezers stocked with hemp and I've a good supply of pellet. Let's get at 'em.

Paul

J

john conway

This weekend I've just boiled up 2 gallon of hemp, made up 1Kg of paste and 50 PVA bags of micrp pellets. Still got to make up a few bags of liquidised bread for the chub and I've a wallet set of hook lenghts yet to make up and my two reels to reload with new line.
Not long now!

G

Geoff Cowen

I'm off to the Swale as usual, I might even catch a fish this year but I'm not going to hold my breath. Three year of fishing the first day and I still haven't seen a fish, must be mad!

F

Fred Bonney

I think, I may well fish that bit of the Trent,where people get upset if shouted at.
I won't have to shout though, because I'll be on that side of the river!

P

paul williams 2

A small intimate river first.....one rod and a roving i will go.......the carbeling can wait!

Jason Bird

Reaction score
Gotta confess to getting a bit KEEN!

Myself. Roll on the 16th! The Chub are looking fat

Jas.

S

Sean Meeghan

Fred do you want me to go to the other bank and shout at you just for form's sake?

;?)

F

Fred Bonney

Thanks Sean,that will make me feel at home, after this long break ;0)

J

john conway

Opening day has been canceled for me my company are sending me to Milan all that week, and the week after, I'm on holiday in London with our lass.
So best of luck to all of you fishing on the 16th.

Alan Law

Reaction score
unlucky john, i have also booked the 16th off and can,t wait to get back on the ribble, my reels already have been spooled up with new line and boilies and pellets are soaking in the relevant soaks, just a couple more hooklinks to make, good luck everybody for the new season, cheers alan.

G

Geoff Cowen

It's raining in Middlesbrough with only 39 hours to go (I know this because I left my sun roof open over night and my car is full of water), I do hope it's doing the same in Swaledale. Could this be the first start to a new season for many years that the rivers are perfect?
I might even catch a fish!