New World Record Common again.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Ohhhh no Geoff, he's only gone and done it again, same fish 4lbs heavier,
I heard he keeps it on a stringer in the margins, and feeds it every day

Lee Swords

Reaction score
My only hope is that I catch a fish one half the size of the one we are talking about here...

My congratulations to the captor.

cg74

Reaction score
We all fish for our own reasons. Some want to catch as many fish as they can in a given time period, some want to target just one species, others seek to catch the largest of a given species etc. Its a free choice and none is any better than the other.

If I were lucky enough to catch a record fish from a large lake or river would I move on to the another water? Maybe, but if I like that water and believe that its got other, as yet uncaught monsters in it..... Yep, I'd stay. And if I subsequently catch the record again at a new weight, well that's the new record isn't it.

I can't see what the fuss is about.

Well somed up Dave. Seems like there's a whole heap of 'my style and quarry' are more of a challenge than yours aka SNOBBERY!

So what is the ultimate quarry species?
Carp, well they're obviously not it, greedy and over targeted.
Trout, erm not IMO, as free line a lob and they rarely refuse, strikes me using a fly just makes catching trout harder??!!
Chub, wary, fearful and shy but ultimately a glut.
Tench, a small carp when all said and done.
Bream, ditto above!
Pike, when feeding, they're feeding!
Barbel, commonly accepted as a mug fish, if present in numers and/or don't get heavy angling pressure.

Angling by definition is fishing for recreactional purposes, ENJOYMENT.... So if you enjoy catching your chosen quarry, you're obviously successful!

Anyhow back to thread well done Mr German man (after reading all the drivel that this thread has thrown up, his name has now eluded me)