New year, new rod

dalesman

Reaction score
After a rubbish 2023 with health problems. Surviving two strokes and every that goes with it.

Thought I would threat my myself to some new tackle as a new rod trotting on the river, but after a couple of phone call to dealers I was advised could sell me a short waggler rod or pole but fortunately they have no sales demand for longer rods and maybe have one enquiry for river tackle (float rod) unless is was for barbel per year.

Still searching.

mikench

Reaction score
Try AD or Bobco they will have a 13 or 14’ rod and you could always buy sh. Unless you need a spliced tip rod for long trotting any decent light rod will be fine for both rivers and still waters.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your poor health. My old fishing mate Richard has decided to get Back into it after a long lay off. He bought a 14ft Acolyte Plus last week, I will ask him where he bought it next time o see him. Many tackle shops have a limited range of river gear, particularly trotting rods. Some areas fare better than others. Online is okay, but doesn’t really help if you want to give it a waggle.

RMNDIL

Reaction score
I'm very surprised but it must be the shops location. The 15ft versions of Acolyte's were the biggest sellers and they won't be going to people on commercials.

@Clive

Reaction score
Or even a conspiracy.🤪
Possibly.

By the way; I didn't realise that you knew so much about float fishing and trotting, spliced tips and the like. I had you down as a ledger a pellet all day for the mugfish type of angler. I must have missed those catch reports.

mikench

Reaction score
You did . My knowledge about fishing and all other things isnt nearly as vast as yours but then im not a clever **** like you.

@Clive

Reaction score
You did . My knowledge about fishing and all other things isnt nearly as vast as yours but then im not a clever **** like you.
Perhaps you could point me to your posts on how you float fish rivers? I won't hold my breath :ROFLMAO: