Simon Searle

Reaction score
Hi all, newbie here, any one fish Sheppey and Medway areas on here? Beach or boat.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
NO but don't let that stop you joining in.

Blackpool area myself but not as much now i requinted myself with the Ribble and old Whiskers.

Simon Searle

Reaction score
Hi Bryan, thanks for the welcome.

Thinking of doing more freshwater myself, even from the boats here on the Thames estuary fishing is poor, expensive days out for the odd Shoolie bass or Pouting, with the occasional good day thrown in. Mind you, I'm not keen on the 'fisheries' that are springing up every where, give me rivers etc with wild fish anyday.

M

mel crighton

Simon ,
I used to fish at Barton point, that was back in the days that you could fish all day and catch loads, but like you say its all stopped now, i gave up trying to fish the thames and medway and turned to Course fishing because of it, so if you are going to start course fishing dont write off Stones until you try it , I have fished there several times and had a good day.

And Welcome to the Mad House!

Simon Searle

Reaction score
Have been to Stones, its OK, took the kids as well, ideal to get them started on the small lake, I'm not knocking the place I just like to fish for wild fish rather than 'farmed' fish, trouble is there is nowhere else really to fish on the Island, and we all know what its like trying to get on or off the Island at the mo.

M

mel crighton

There is a new fishery as you leave the Island,on Left been told it is good Carp to mid 20s, dont know any more, as for wild river fish virtuallyy impossible unless you join a club with rivers,

Simon Searle

Reaction score
Ah that one as you go off the Island, mate of mine had a look and said it was a puddle, not been there myself.
Mind you those ditches around Brielle Way are supposed to be full of fish, would hazard a guess that they will be small ones though or loads of eels.

M

mel crighton

Simon,
Have you tried Bax Farm .....Steve Langleys place at Teynham my friend fished there yesterday and he tells me it is alive at ?7 a day it may be worth a go...

Trevor Back

Reaction score
Hello Si,didnt know you had a go at that puddle fishing, my dad has recently joined Linton angling club and they own loads of different venues.Dont think there are any on the island though.Think island bait and tackle run a water on the island now,that may be worth a look.

Simon Searle

Reaction score
Hi Trev, did as you said and joined! Did you get the e-mail about meeting up with yourself and Rob soon? Will most probably have a few sessions down at Stones to get the feel of things again, may have to sell some Sea gear to fund some FW gear ;o) Mate of mine I work with, keeps pushing me to try the 3 lakes in Sittingbourne.

Trevor Back

Reaction score
Yes Si got email,taking the little un to Disney in florida at end of August,but only have one comp at Shorne lighthouse on the 24th july so have the time at mo, not into the fw myself, did it as a kid at Lewis's along the halfway road, even won a comp up there as a junior, think thats what probably kick started the sea match fishing.Let me know when you fancy wetting your line and i will let Rob know.

Simon Searle

Reaction score
Try for the beginning to middle of August sometime Trev, that will suit me, if there is anything about anyway.

Not taking my two to Disney for a couple of years yet, want them to be old enough to bugger off by themselves for the day, so me and the missus can hit the Roller coasters big time, bad back or no bad back!! ;o)