Night fishing venues where you can park at your peg

Ryan301196

Reaction score
Hi all, fairly new to this forum.

I recently converted my van into a camper and I'd like to find some venues that offer night fishing with some double figure carp and also allow you to park your van at your peg.

I'm from Wakefield in West Yorkshire but willing to travel for the right pond!

Cheers guys?
Ryan

chrissh

Reaction score
Hi all, fairly new to this forum.

I recently converted my van into a camper and I'd like to find some venues that offer night fishing with some double figure carp and also allow you to park your van at your peg.

I'm from Wakefield in West Yorkshire but willing to travel for the right pond!

Cheers guys?
Ryan
Don’t think you will find a lot of fisheries that will allow you to park your van on or next to your peg mainly because of getting stuck in the mud. the only ones I can think of are A1 Lakes at Newark but you will still be 15-20 yards from your rods or Monk’s lakes in Maidstone Kent but then they only allow it when the ground is hard

flightliner

Reaction score
Loads of carp in the Trent along with plenty of riverbank where vehicles are accepted.
You will possibly have to wade thro loads of "nuisance" Barbel but not such a hi price to pay!

nottskev

Reaction score
Parking near swims, but out of view is one thing, but when people park right behind, the water starts to look more like a car boot sale than a fishery. Imo, it's worth a short walk to stop waters looking ugly.

riverman

Reaction score
thorpe underwood north yorkshire.the owner allows night fishing (fri to sun) and lets you park and pitch tent behind peg.i've heard theres some big carp in there well over 20lb's.very peaceful venue out in the sticks.i've coarse fished it and had some nice bream out on meat and corn.

Alan Whitty

Reaction score
What about Bluebell Lakes,Northants,not for me,don't like the idea of being on a fishery and not being able to move because it's mobbed,I'd rather not bother...

nottskev

Reaction score
I dislike places where banks are disfigured with cars behind swims. Some places look like car boot sales. I bought into a carp-ish kind of water last year, daytime fishing only, but now they sell tickets for night fishing. I'm not sure I want to arrive in the morning to a place that's been flogged through the night, or fish in the evening while some dude hovers around with his tent. Why do we need to monetise every minute on a water and when do the fish get a chance to feed safely? I'm thinking it's too intensive for my liking.

Alan Whitty

Reaction score
What is frustrating is if you are float fishing relatively close to the bank,it is possible that two carp anglers could bivvie up either side of you,fill it in with bait,then every time one of them hooks a carp,his mate stampedes past you like a demented schoolkid,totally naffing your day,because what your fishing fishing for isnt worth catching,its not a carp...
I talked to one of my neighbours last night on my return from a days fishing,I didn't know but he fishes,for carp,he showed me some pictures of some lovely looking fish fair play to him,I asked him what boilies he used and he scowled saying he doesn't use devil's bait,I said what do you use then,he said maggots and worms,then went on to moan about catching bream,lol,I said 'well you were fishing for them'...

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
The most obvious candidate I can think of to answer the original question is A1 Pits at South Muskham, Newark. It's less than an hour down the A1 for the OP. Look to your left on the northbound A1, just after you cross the river Trent, and you'll see three gravel pits that often look like a white van man's camping meet.

Wakou

Reaction score
Why not dig a big hole in your garden and stock it with obese freaks? You would not have to bother getting out of bed, you could dangle a boilie in there and get it to txt you when one of them ate it.

riverman

Reaction score
Why not dig a big hole in your garden and stock it with obese freaks? You would not have to bother getting out of bed, you could dangle a boilie in there and get it to txt you when one of them ate it.
not in our street.there a giant heron knocking about be no fish left.

mikench

Reaction score
obese freaks?

The 60lb carp recently caught in England and featured on the cover of AT fitted that description.