not been on here in years it seems

mikench

Reaction score
You have lost me Simon. Which first page are you referring to. There are dozens of recent threads in general, coarse, predator and the rest. Lots of old threads have been resurrected too. There have also been dozens of feature articles by John Bailey, Dave Coster and Mr Northman. None of these guys were on the forum when Murray last posted. I have enjoyed Dave Costers articles hugely and learned a fair bit. They have been thought provoking and Dave always responds if a comment is posted.

I was only thinking the polar opposite the other day. As for non fishing threads in bait box, whilst not your cup of tea , they nevertheless, imo, provoke posts and new threads which whilst getting close to being out of bounds( I plead the 5th) are largely in good humour and I believe encourage new threads and further posts on fishing matters.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I’m referring to the what’s new page, Mike. That’s all I look at as I have read most of the threads on other forums already and any new replies on those threads appear there.

mikench

Reaction score
I see what you mean and admit I rarely if ever look at that page. I will do in future. Cheers Simon. I wish I could come up with new threads about all things fishing but most if not all have been covered. The HDYGO thread is always new and refreshing but the fish, hooks ,line and methods don't change much it seems to me. You must have interests which don't feature here but do elsewhere so why not start them yourself. They will be appreciated. I often think some of my efforts are silly but I know very little about this great hobby of ours and remain thick skinned. The forum remains a source of interest and enjoyment for me at least. All the best.