October Angling Star

R

Ron Clay

By three weeks!!!

Oh by the way it was me old mate Steve Crawshaw who told me all about Graham and his big gream catches in the meres.

Angling Star was born in 1996. The per-curser to Angling Star was the old Angling Telegraph, also published by Sheffield Newspapers fro 1962 to 1974. This paper became one of the most important angling publications of its kind at that time. For a period, Colin Dyson was Editor after Dave Fenney retired.

In those days we had many eminent writers including Tag Barnes, Steve Crawshaw, Eric J Taylor, Peter Stone, Ray Webb, Barrie Rickards, Graham Marsden, John Neville, Geoff Bates and many others.

R

Ron Clay

Sorry I mean bream.

You didnt pick that one up too quickly did you Nicholas.

T

The Monk

Oh thanks for the CV Ron, you've just filled a few gaps in my education!

T

The Monk

does this now mean that Graham will be a legend in three weeks then?

R

Ron Clay

Steady on with all this talk about legends.

The next step is a wooden overcoat and a blinking obituary....;o(

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'm already a legend with my grandchildren. Mind you, they think I'm a giant as well.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'm always afoot on the river bank, fishing for something or other.

T

The Monk

No Bob, Grahams a jolly Green Giant, or maybe I need to get this colour card sorted in me computer?

Ron, Hendrix, is a legend and wears a wooden overcoat, you get very rich postmoniously mate? dont forget to leave me your estate!

R

Ron Clay

Anyone got any ideas on the subject. All the angling stuff has already been done.

Maybe I should do an angling horror story. Think of some of the characters: MacWallet, The Monk, Buttocks Bullard, Brummie, Barney Ribble, Cakey.....Why it's all coming together.

Once upon a time....... :eek:\

T

The Monk

Yes but its not all been done by you mate, many people do autobiographical type works, yours would be really interesting from your early writings, school boy memories, the northern group, south african and eventually aspiring to live in Rotherham?

B

Birds Nest

Ron, just listening to what you've caught where you've fished and who you've met, I'm sure you could write a decent 'My fishing life' book...

R

Ron Clay

I might think about it if I could get an artist to illustrate it.

That's the style of the book I would like. No photos at all.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
That's only because you're not so photogenic like what I am - tall, dark, handsome, debonaire and sophisticated.

S

Stuart Johnson

Graham, only when your at a fair ground in the house of mirrors.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Huh, always somebody around who knows me!