Okuma Baitfeeder Spinning Reels Outpowers Large Stingrays!

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
All Rays Were Safely Landed & Released-Was Trying For Jacks Using Whole Live Crabs!

Baitfeeders are popular reels for catfishing. But i don't see many using them for shoreline saltwater fishing. But i recently found a local angler who fishes the same area in this video who also only uses Okuma baitfeeder reels, James Inkyo. To be more precise Avenger Baitfeeders. I started using the Trio Baitfeeders but now i use all Coronado Baitfeeders here.

I had to cut all the individual videos in half, or more because of the long drawn-out fights when making this combined video. I must say every hit on a baitfeeder held because i gave the fish at least 6-8sec to run with the live crab bait because the baitfeeder switch was set to be loose to allow a better hook-up. If i wait too long the fish could swallow the bait but over the years i hooked every Ray & Fish in the mouth. Seems 6-8sec is a good time frame to use.

Since i made these video segments using the BF-65 with the max drag of 22lbs i've been using the newer Coronado Baitfeeders. They're rated between 27-38lbs max drag. Almost doubled. The smaller Avenger Baitfeeders range from 6-26lbs. The new Rockaway 8000 Baitfeeder coming out will have a max of 35lbs. If you fish fresh or saltwater using live or dead baits you may want to try a baitfeeder for better hook-ups:)

Attachments

• Baitfeeder.jpg
    Baitfeeder.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Baitfeeder Again.jpg
    Baitfeeder Again.jpg
    803.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Baitfeeder Cover.jpg
    Baitfeeder Cover.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 37