Ossmere

ian g

Reaction score
Hi , Oss mere and Marbury are both PAAA waters , I've fished Marbury more than Oss both nice places to fish . Link below for PAAS . I live fairly close but am more of a river angler

Dave123

Reaction score
Hi , Oss mere and Marbury are both PAAA waters , I've fished Marbury more than Oss both nice places to fish . Link below for PAAS . I live fairly close but am more of a river angler

Hi, im not a member yet because I don’t know the stock of these lake Marbury and OSs mere and I was if u could just give me a quickie overview of the stock In the lake I will mostly be targeting carp but am open to fish on the maggot feeder for orther species.

ian g

Reaction score
There are carp in both lakes but neither are runs waters . Marbury has roach , bream , tench and pike . I am pretty sure Oss mere has the same . PAAS have plenty of good lakes and meres and a lot of river fishing . Waiting list is 3 or 4 years I believe.

The bad one

Reaction score
Oss is sadly a shadow of it's former self for all species. Carp cannot be stocked as it's a SSSI and Natural England and the EA won't let you stock invasive species into a SSSI, and as far as they are concerned carp are invasive species.
To my knowledge the carp that are present have only spawned once over the last 40 + years. Circa 1980
They won't even let you stock Bream or tench which have been present for 10,000 years in Oss and the meres of the 3 counties.
As Ian says Marbury is the better fishery of the two meres.
At 18 you'd be classed as an Intermediate and go on the waiting list which as Ian says is around 3 years.

Dave123

Reaction score
PS
Get your name down on the waiting list ASAP and just forget about it until you get the letter to join. Here you go
Hi, I have just purchased my prince Albert ticket and am looking to go OSs mere very soon. Can anybody give any and advice on peg choice and bait and methods to catch carp. Anything would help

ian g

Reaction score
I don't fish it often and when I have I haven't targetted carp . I am pretty sure the bailiff lives very close and was always around so that would be my first contact.

Dave123

Reaction score
I don't fish it often and when I have I haven't targetted carp . I am pretty sure the bailiff lives very close and was always around so that would be my first contact.
Who is the bailiff and how would I contact him.

The bad one

Reaction score
The Bailiff is called John and he lives very near to the water. Turn up on the water and he'll come a visit you to check your card. Do not go bothering him at his home unless he says you can.
Don't fish for carp so no info on swims baits etc.
Oh btw Ossmere is now closed until June the 16th due to it being a SSSI