Perfects galore!

Thomas Turner

Trade Member
Reaction score
We have been fortunate enough to have bought around 30 Hardy Perfects from various sources over the last few weeks. Ive always loved the classic Hardy Perfect, since my Dad I found our first one at Bridport Flea Market in 1988. The engineering that went into making these reels has always intrigued me; there are so many variants and sizes that were made.

Here at Thomas Turner we have been lucky enough to have bought some cracking salmon Perfects, some with line guards that we know most of you like. Sizes from the very rare 3 1/4″ to the large 4.5″. The 3 1/4″ Perfect that has just been advertised for sale is what is know as the ‘War Time Finish’ Perfect (WWII). A black type paint finish was used when other finishes were unavailable. The black paint finish has worn away from the model as it very often did with these models through usage but is in the very rare 3 1/4″ size. I haven’t seen one in this size / model.

Hardy-Perfect-3-1.4-salmon-perfect-reel-war-time-finish-model-534x400.jpg
Hardy-Perfect-3-1.4-salmon-perfect-reel-war-time-finish-model-2-534x400.jpg

Below, is one of the newer models we have purchased. This one has a rotating line guard, the benefits of the rotating guard is that the user can manually move the rotating line guard around to prevent wear/grooves in the same place of the guard. This one has a smooth alloy foot, white handle and rim tension regulator. A classic new version of the salmon Perfect, loaded with floating line and ready to fish!

Hardy-Perfect-4-1.4.-with-revolving-line-guard-534x400.jpg
Hardy-Perfect-4-1.4.-with-revolving-line-guard-2-534x400.jpg

Please take a look at our salmon Perfects on our website here. They will be listed over the coming weeks. Great, usable reels, all in top notch working order!

If you are thinking of changing your tackle, trying something new, why not sell something to us as part exchange! Get in touch to find out more!

davetownsend@thomasturner.com

07535 590617 / 01275 261099

The post Perfects galore! appeared first on Thomas Turner Fishing Antiques.

Continue reading...