Pilgrim’s Progress

R

Rob Boothby

Hi, I have to say that I really enjoy your articles. I just wish I could catch a double figure Barbel! I'm now heavily into my pike season on the Norfolk Broads, do you ever fish for old esox? Rob

S

Stewart Bloor

Hi Rob, thanks.

Yes, I also fish for pike. Started my season in September, hoping to concentrate on the Severn (weather permitting).

Although PP is pretty much barbel dominated at the moment, there'll be some pike ones cropping up soon.

C

Chris Bishop

Stewart, On the Severn - read John Sidley's fantastic book River Piking, which is all about the river round Tewkesbury.

P

Paul Williams

Chris,
Most of JS's fish came whilst boat fishing, Sedge has a bad track record on dry land.....don't ecourage him to go afloat!!! heaven forbid!!!

C

Carp Angler

I think he's more worried about the possible pollution to the lower Severn or the fact that every fish will get a taste for Secret Agent.......

S

Stewart Bloor

Rik you're up late...can't sleep as the Saints got hammered again...if I was you I'd start supporting Pompey....

By the way just got back from the lower Severn, had one barbel but it was foul hooked....

C

Carp Angler

Things are looking dodgy for the Saints allready.

I don't think they'd ever get so bad to make me cheer for the scummers though.

R

Ron Clay

Or the Blades or Owls or Rotherham or even Barnsley!!!

All of them lost just recently.

Looks like flat hats, mufflers pigeons and whippets are out. But barbel on the Don are in.

D

David OLoughlin

Ah but Rochdale have talent. Look at them now, just knocked off top spot. They do this every year, win at the start of the season, just as I get excited from Oct they start to loose. They then have another winning streak & yes as they challenge for those top places & even hope of a play off they loose the last 3. It's a real yoyo ride - you should try it?