preston inertia 520 fixed spool reel

riverman

Reaction score
i recently ordered a new preston reel and have to say its superb for trotting a stick down the rivers(£49.99).
i loaded it full of 4lb maxima line and use a 2lb bottom.very happy with all my preston products as i also have a preston luggage bag and pole roller as well as a preston holdall.when i was in my local tackle shop i saw a preston beanie and peaked cap which i couldn't resist so bought them both.i was just wondering if any of the members use preston products?

nottskev

Reaction score
The old Carbonactive 15/17 (throw the 2'extension away) is so good for certain things that I bought a second in case I stand on it.
The 10' bomb rod in the same series is also a beauty.
Last year I bought a second hand carp feeder for the odd commercial trip, and that's a lovely little rod.
All three rods have smooth, elastic actions that don't lock up.
Their Joint Save - a brush on PTFE coating - has stopped my pole joints from wearing out for the last 20 years or so. Discontinued now, I'm on my last bottle.

On the other hand, their seatboxes and bolt-on's were always too chunky and clunky for me, with bulky plastic knuckles and locking devices.

mikench

Reaction score
On Kev’s recommendation I bought an 11’ to 13’ Carbonactive Asaki feeder rod and it’s a pleasure to use. Certainly one of my favourites.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
i recently ordered a new preston reel and have to say its superb for trotting a stick down the rivers(£49.99).
i loaded it full of 4lb maxima line and use a 2lb bottom.very happy with all my preston products as i also have a preston luggage bag and pole roller as well as a preston holdall.when i was in my local tackle shop i saw a preston beanie and peaked cap which i couldn't resist so bought them both.i was just wondering if any of the members use preston products?
Hardcase Holdalls , seatbox , space shuttle,line , bait ,reel . Waterproof clothing , DF12 and DF30 plus fleeces and caps .2 pole rollers . and spray bar for seatbox plus the usual attachments. flatback brolly .Numerous side trays .