Preston Innovations Pole safe holdall

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Yesterday I decided to buy the PI pole safe holdall. it's made from ABS dimensions are 190cm x 16cm x 14cm.
It has a carry handle along with a detachable shoulder strap.with a full length zip around zip.
Internally it is padded with two mesh pockets either side at the bottom .also has velcro straps .
One one side I have a 16 metre pole and an 8.5 metre margin pole, inside the 16metre section I have a dolly butt with a couple of topkits inside it.
On the other side of the holdall I have three spare short number four sections ,two spare long number four sections a total of twelve topkits ,landing net handle, 8 metre whip and another dolly butt. Weight wise when loaded, it is lighter than when I used a PI monster hardcase holdall with tubes , and no margin pole or margin topkits .
Again transport wise it takes less room in my car.
it is a good piece ok kit, on par with the Cresta version. I have seen other brands but they seemed flimsy.
I Know a couple of people who use them as standard rod holdalls .
Even though I have put main pole and margin pole with all the kits in it ,this was to check capacity and weight.
it will be a case of take what is required for the venue, such as leave margin pole and topkits out along with a couple of main pole topkits .
I am pleased with with it and it is ideal if anyone mainly pole fishes, but I am not ruling feeder or float rods out if that is someone's preferred method,
it is compact,light,and easily to carry ,or put on a barrow, Price is £120.
preston-hardcase-pole-safe.jpg
enlmwcx3637817488073459049.jpg
4h2clggw637817488074552820.jpg
2ggl4kw4637817488074552820.jpg
sa2dvjlv637817488074552820.jpg

rob48

Reaction score
That's effectively the same as the Cresta one that I've got Mark. I use mine for all my rods and poles now, without tubes, so nice and light with everything easy to find and plenty of room. Can't go wrong with them IMO. Hope you enjoy using it.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
I saw the Cresta one when I was in the northwest, Also saw Matrix and guru ones ,
A friend has got the Cresta one, he said he is struggling to get all his stuff in .
He has a Daiwa G90 with 9 topkits and a couple of spare number 5 and 6 . Plus a couple whips .
Told him to call round and I will show him how to load it . I got more in my PI one . 😃

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
That's effectively the same as the Cresta one that I've got Mark. I use mine for all my rods and poles now, without tubes, so nice and light with everything easy to find and plenty of room. Can't go wrong with them IMO. Hope you enjoy using it.
I am thinking of getting the PI hardcase topkit safe one as well, it's a slimmer version of the pole safe .
I know a couple of people who either use it as a stand rod holdall ,or a ready rod holdall by top and tailing a couple of rods , using butt and tip protectors and a price of bubble wrap placed over them .
Saves carrying either a ready rod holdall, ( I used to carry a couple of 1+1 ones by PI,) or a holdall with rod tubes.