Progold monofilament

Reaction score
The club is very well run to be fair,any problems and they are down like a shot,line up trees,poaching,they have portaloos on most of their fisheries,each fishery has a manager,it was not like that when I was previously a member...

59 to go...

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Daiwa now do an Infinity Sensor.
Infinity Duo..
Sensor in Orange , so in effect it could be Pro Orange ?
Tournament ST line is brilliant
A new one is the Daiwa target line for different species .
Daiwa Matchwinner.
SLM ?✊??

Keith M

Reaction score
Daiwa now do an Infinity Sensor.
Infinity Duo..
Sensor in Orange , so in effect it could be Pro Orange ?
Tournament ST line is brilliant
A new one is the Daiwa target line for different species .
Daiwa Matchwinner.
SLM ?✊??

I suppose that they are trying to appeal to the Carp Angler with their ‘Infinity’ Sensor line; as we all know that you’ve got to use a big pit reel and a 3.5lb long range Carp rod which you can cast to infinity to catch a Carp even if you only fish small waters. :)

Infinity Duo sounds like it can double up as an anchor chain as well as a fishing line; (no change there then) :unsure:

Sensor Orange? Say no more is this for the poor sighted? ??

Tournament ST is Brilliant? I don’t doubt that, it ‘shines’ brilliantly that’s for sure :cool:?

Diawa Target line for different species?? Does that mean that you can’t catch a Barbel on a line meant for Carp? or a roach on a line meant for Chub or Dace? Do they think all anglers are that easily led? ? ??

Diawa Matchwinner? Get yourself a £1 lighter it’s better in damp conditions and cheaper than matches in the long run. ?

Keith

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm happy with my normal sensor, a close second would be perlon which is another top line. Only snag with perlon is bulk spools arn't available so it isn't cheap.
Even the smaller spools of sensor arn't very cheap, for me anyhow.

Fools gold really is priced foolishly and fools are easily fooled into buying it LOL.

SLM???

steve2

Reaction score
The one thing that always puzzled me is just how many of these lines are the same and just a marketed under a different name.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The one thing that always puzzled me is just how many of these lines are the same and just a marketed under a different name.

Fools gold and washing line is an example of the same thing marketed in a different name :).

SLM???

Keith M

Reaction score
I can fully understand why some people think that pro Gold is way overpriced for a fishing line, and I’ve always thought that too, especially when I was a lot younger, but as I’ve got older and wiser and have not had to worry too much about its cost anymore I find that it’s cost is far outweighed by its good properties, to the extent that If I am legering for decent sized species like Carp, Barbel and to some extent Tench I would go the extra mile to obtain some Pro Gold; as I find that there’s very few; if any; other lines that I can trust as much, with its suppleness, it’s abrasion and shock resistance (which is well known) and it’s reliable strength, together with it’s unobtrusive colour.

However I have other favourite lines that I use when I’m fishing with lighter lines in both still or running water which have some different properties which I like, like shot resistant surfaces etc.

I’ve nothing against Senseless Sensor other than its tendency to coil, its brown colour which stands out a little too much for my liking in clear water and its nasty shiny surface, besides that it’s not too a bad line really. I sometimes even use it myself if I’m fishing for Pike at closer ranges under a Pike bung, using a wire trace.

But that’s why I (and many many others) prefer using Pro Gold for a lot of our clear water bottom fishing instead of using the Senseless Sensor.:)

Keith

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Sensor orange is for sea fishing, Hyper sensor comes in a gunmetal grey colour,
What has big pit reels and 3.5lbs carp rods got to do with what line you use. ?
In that context to Gold could mean you are on the game if a female angler.
Is pro gold supposed to be good because Terry eustace says it is,?

Keith M

Reaction score

Of course it has nothing to do with big pit reels and 3.5lbs carp rods Mark; It was just a bit of harmless banter about the type of Angler a line called ‘infinity’ would appeal to when I said:

“I suppose that they are trying to appeal to the Carp Angler with their ‘Infinity’ Sensor line; as we all know that you’ve got to use a big pit reel and a 3.5lb long range Carp rod which you can cast to infinity to catch a Carp even if you only fish small waters. :)

No it’s because the people who like using it and have used sucessfully it for years all think that it does exactly what it says on the box. :) But everyone has their own favourite lines for different jobs and no doubt that you do too Mark.

It’s just banter which both the Sensor and Pro Gold Team Mark have both been having a bit of :)

Keith

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can fully understand why some people think that pro Gold is way overpriced for a fishing line, and I’ve always thought that too, especially when I was a lot younger, but as I’ve got older and wiser and have not had to worry too much about its cost anymore I find that it’s cost definately is too high for it's low quality properties, to the extent that If I am legering for decent sized species like Carp, Barbel and to some extent Tench I would go the extra mile to obtain some Daiwa Sensor; as I find that there’s very few; if any; other lines that I can trust as much, with its suppleness, it’s abrasion and shock resistance (which is well known) and it’s reliable strength, together with it’s unobtrusive colour.

However I have other favourite lines that I use when I’m fishing with lighter lines in both still or running water which have some different properties which I like, like shot resistant surfaces etc.

I’ve nothing against shitty Fools Gold other than its tendency to coil, and its obtrusive colour which stands out a little too much for my liking in clear water and its nasty shiny surface, besides that it’s not too a bad line really if your easily pleased. I sometimes even use it myself if I’m fishing for Pike at closer ranges under a Pike bung, using a wire trace.

But that’s why I (and many many others) prefer using DAIWA SENSOR for a lot of our clear water bottom fishing instead of using the FOOLS GOLD ......SLM ???.

Keith

well said Keith, can't argue with any of that bud....SLM???

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sensor orange is for sea fishing, Hyper sensor comes in a gunmetal grey colour,
In that context to Gold could mean you are on the game if a female angler.

If you re read my quoted post of Keiths post it does make perfect sensor :).

SLM???

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Of course it has nothing to do with big pit reels and 3.5lbs carp rods Mark; It was just a bit of harmless banter about the type of Angler a line called ‘infinity’ would appeal to when I said:

“I suppose that they are trying to appeal to the Carp Angler with their ‘Infinity’ Sensor line; as we all know that you’ve got to use a big pit reel and a 3.5lb long range Carp rod which you can cast to infinity to catch a Carp even if you only fish small waters. :)

No it’s because the people who like using it and have used sucessfully it for years all think that it does exactly what it says on the box. :) But everyone has their own favourite lines for different jobs and no doubt that you do too Mark.

It’s just banter which both the Sensor and Pro Gold Team Mark have both been having a bit of :)

Keith
I know Keith , it livens the day up , cant beat a bit of banter.
A lot of posts that are banter sometimes get taken as gospel by some,

If Carling did fishing line.................
Daiwa Sensor, pride of the waterside.
SLM ??✊???

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks like Keith has seen the light ?

SLM :)

Last edited: